Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Webmost's Perfecto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondford

Smoked a Webmost Perfecto this afternoon on the screened in porch; it was almost too pretty to burn up but I nubbed that sucker. Very enjoyable smoke, the perfect size for a afternoon smoke, perfect balance in the blend and I freaking love that shape. I will start looking for a mold and would to add this shape to my rolling.
Thanks Webmost!

Don

webmost

I remember sending you some maduro PA broadleaf units from FX Smith's Sons. I don't remember sending you an Uppowoc Perfecto. Spose I may have thrown in an "It's an Indian!", did I? No idea at this point what was in it back in January. Curing up a new box now to crack open at Lake Conesus next week.

How'd you like the broadleafs? Most are not my style... especially the Tuscorora. I do like the Smithdale and the Smith Oscuro, tho.

You ever get up this way in Summer, we should ride through the Amish broadleaf fields. There's a dandy way to enjoy tobacco. Beautiful redolent field after field, barn after barn. BigBonner's place in Kentucky is like that. I swung by one year when the plants were in flower. Marvellous. But that's burley; you like the broadleaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Webmost rolls as pretty a perfecto as I've ever seen. I'm still confused why both ends taper. Is to help lighting the cigar? My goal is to get good at rolling Torpedos.

webmost

I'm still confused why both ends taper. Is to help lighting the cigar?

Yeah, there are several reasons:

It does help light the cigar
Looks like the cigar Daddy Warbucks would burn
You spark up, the ember gets going, suddenly the volume rolls in, thus it has a tempo
The natural shape of the leaf tapers toward the foot anyways

and most of all...

That's how some long dead wood whittling artist shaped my mold!

Most of your torps you see are really just a pyramid, cause they have a short quick taper at the head, but straight sides otherwise. That's no torpedo. My perfecto mold has straight sides, with one end tapered more gradually than the other. I use the more gradual end as the foot, cap the less gradual end for the head, stuff more in the middle and wrap the middle looser, so that it swells once it's out of the mold. I like to get the head fairly round. Some day I'll get good at it. Maybe when I retire and set up a lounge like Leaf Lover. Right now, I'm just playing amateur.

I gotta go home and bunch some now. Too much talkin about it. I need to smell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.