Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greetings from Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.

PilotBart

Hello everyone. I am exploring growing some cigar tobacco here in the Riverside area of Southern California. I am not sure if tobacco is a viable crop in this area. If not I will just buy the leafs and roll my own. Looking forward to learning from all of you. Thanks for your knowledge in advance!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. We have some members growing in the Arizona and New Mexico desert. You should be able to have a nice crop.
If you want to get started with some fabulous cigar leaf while yours is growing, curing and aging, the founder of this forum owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com. I highly recommend all his leaf. #1 in customer satisfaction. There's no need to continue smoking commercial crap when you can roll your own premium cigars.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. My recollection of Riverside (from 40 years ago) is that tobacco growing may require irrigation there, depending on just where you are planting. You can always give it a try with 5 gallon buckets (1 plant per bucket).

Bob

leverhead

Welcome! Purchased leaf would be a good place to start. Starting from seed, it will be quite a while before you have something to smoke. Aging/kilning will take time after the growing season. You can always do both.

Ishi

Growing will be no problem. Curing it without drying out and turning green is the main problem for me in the northern Sac valley.
Dan

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
As stated I see no reason why it wouldn't grow there...

But be wise and don't get a fine for watering....

You Californians have the inmates running the prison...some odd rules and high taxes you guys have to deal with..not to mention the speed limits on some of your roads for commercial vehicles..

I once drove over the road in a semi...

Status
Not open for further replies.