Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Single cap vs. triple cap video from Tabanero cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

Single cap vs. triple cap. These are Cuban rollers. Note: the finger nails are long for a reason.

These are rolled 'entubado' style. Great cigars with perfect burn perfect draw. I've been to the shop in Ybor City several times and it's a hidden gem in the cigar world.

http://www.tabanerocigars.com/

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The finished cigars look kind of raggedy.

TabaneroCigars_closeup.JPG

I felt the second roller was a little careless in aligning the wrapper veins to the cigar. The caps do look nice.

Bob

Gdaddy

Those do look like some rustic leaves. Did you get to see the production? .. of course you did. did you get in there and roll? looks good

... google-maps-place-Tabanero Cigars View attachment 15246

They were working very diligently to produce their daily quota so I didn't want get in their way. The place has a wonderful atmosphere. Ultimate man cave. Ybor has the odor of cigar smoke wafting down main street once again.

Gdaddy

The finished cigars look kind of raggedy.

TabaneroCigars_closeup.JPG

I felt the second roller was a little careless in aligning the wrapper veins to the cigar. The caps do look nice.

Bob

I noticed that also. However, the finished cigars have a professional look to them and are much better looking than that photo. They don't look as neatly and perfectly pressed as many boutique cigars but when you hold one in your hand you know it's hand made and that's what makes it special.

Where the rubber meets the road...The performance was top shelf. Draw and the burn were perfect. The tobacco used was selected by the shop owner by smell. It has an earthy/barnyard quality that is reminiscent of a Cuban cigar. I loved it.

He has the luxury of being a couple miles away from Oliva tobacco company where he buys a few bales at a time. Here's a few big name customers they supply tobacco to..

Altadis
Arturo Fuente
Cabaiguan
Drew Estate
Don Pepin Cigar
General Cigar Company
Holt's Cigar Company
JC Newman Cigar Company
JR CIgars
LA Flor Dominica
La Riqueza
Nicaragguan America Tobacco