Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What will you do different the new grow season!!!!t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

You growers in the Northern Hemisphere are busy planting etc. We in the Southern Hemisphere are busy fermenting, but what are you going to do different this (or next) season.

1- For me I will let my tobacco get riper, I did rush it a bit this season, were a bit scared of hail, a little more fertilizer ( Cal Nitrate) and let the ligero leaves grow out to its fullest, even if I have to let the plants go a bit more yellow than what I usually do.

2- After curing I will leave the leaves that I cant get into my fermentation fridge to keep on hanging, until the first lot is done fermenting, I didn`t do it this year and thought I would get them all in the fridge, but couldn`t.

3- When I do take them off after curing I will more careful not to condition them to wet, struggled a bit with mould in the ones waiting for the fridge, luckily I saw it early and could dry them out.

That`s all folks, that`s what I`m going to change!!
All the best with new season.
God bless
Ben

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'm gonna do some colour curing in a greenhouse..and a shed...and use bacca sticks instead of wire...

Smokin Harley

I wont be leaving the heat mats on on 85* days . I know now which varieties are most aggressive and will start the other ones a week or two earlier next time. I started these April 13th and I think April 1 is a better plan . and ...I need more Ct Shade seed. I expended mine doing three seed sowings without nary a CT plant to go to field. Very disappointed with that one. I'll try it again , maybe this just wasnt the year for that one.

Brown Thumb

Not a dang thing, I am taking a yr. Off. To enjoy life, I might take the kids to Wendy's.

DGBAMA

Treating my seedlings with Admire this year to hopefully not have to deal with aphids all season.

USHOG

DGBAMA the admire works perfectly. I haven't had one problem with aphids since using admire and it works on other plants. Next year I am going to go to 12 375 gallon toats. I can easily stacked the toats 3 high in the barn. This will solve the green algae problem I have been keeping in check. Also this will allow me to lower the nitrogen by cutting out the fish waist when the tobacco starts to finish out after flowering. I am going to stretch the garden by 50 foot and redesign the row layout to add 3 more rows at 5 foot between. This should take me from 1200 foot of row to 2100 foot of rows. I also noticed that several strains I am growing need much more spacing between the plants. The SR is at 30 inches and should have been at 36 or 40 inches it is a huge plant. So far this year is great other than not as much sun as normal. I have got about everything under control and this year is so much less work than previous years. Admire saves a lot of time along with the weed control sheeting and shoot off has stopped almost all of the suckers. Now most of my time is watching instead of fighting controllable situations.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Treating my seedlings with Admire this year to hopefully not have to deal with aphids all season.

I had forgot that.... But this will be my first year using admire also

Status
Not open for further replies.