Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smoking vs. Nicotine Addiction: health implications

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

Very interesting reading Bob. I think anything addictive is not healthy, but there might be alot of natural substances out there that could be, if used properly, helpful in treating illnesses.
I'm not sure if it's the pharmaceutical industry that doesn't want to do studies to find them, or elected officials being lobbied with big rewards that doesn't.
All I know is I need my 1 or 2 cigars everyday.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Many scholarly publications have chosen not to publish any research which is funded in any way by the "tobacco industry." Federal grant money for research on possible therapeutic benefits of nicotine is non-existent. Pharmaceutical research is focused on more profitable compounds. Most of the retrospective research today aggregates all tobacco use into cigarette-equivalent exposures.

So we are in an age of plugging one's ears: "la la la la la. I can't hear you!"

Don't expect too much useful info on this subject to appear any time soon.

Bob

leverhead

...So we are in an age of plugging one's ears: "la la la la la. I can't hear you!"

Don't expect too much useful info on this subject to appear any time soon.

Bob

Thank you Bob! "smoke for the nicotine, but die from the tar" is an interesting thought. Boiled down, activity/risk relationships exist all through life. Willful ignorance seems to be a long standing human tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.