Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My new Industrial Shredder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I have a year's supply of leaf shredded so far and it only took 10 minutes or so. I'm now working on a bigger, better table that will include my pipe tobacco shredder, some shelves etc.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good thing that you are a young man. One 8 hour day of shredding would provide you with 48 years of shredded tobacco.

Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
The big one with the electric motor ending costing me about $500.00. The head was about $300.00 and the motor, pulleys belts etc ran it up a little bit more.
The manual shredder was about $190.00

Brown Thumb

That freaking thing is awesome.
I am going to buy a head and give it a try.
I tired of these powermatic shredders.
Gives me a good reason to grow more Baccy next yr :cool:

kullas

That thing is a beast i like it. For the safety issue maybe take what ya have and add a small rectangle box the size of the opening about 3 or 4 inches tall and add a funnel on top like
. . . \ /
. . . ||
. . . ||
----- -----

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Here's the one I have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROFESSIONA...250MM-0-8MM-/331655501028?hash=item4d383554e4

He sells a bigger one with the gears on the outside. On mine the gears are on the inside with the cutters. They get a lot of tobacco in them. No big deal though as I occasionally take a wire brush and clean them out.

I just can't ever see this thing breaking. Wearing out a motor yeah, but not the cutting head. You can get extra bearings and combs and then pass this onto your grandchildren.

Brown Thumb

That's a lot of hp. for a 10 in. cutter head.
Im checking out Gear Reduction motors on a smaller scale to run 1 To 1 Ratio so it will be direct drive, no pillow blocks.
Did you ever check into that type of motor.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I did look in to gear motors but they got expensive real fast. Originally, I had a spare 1/2hp motor so that's what I planned to use (free). I eventually went out a bought a new 1hp motor for about $140.00

kullas

Could check into a dc motor that you could keep the torque and be able to control the speed

AmaxB

I just got the Jitters, man you have got me reaching for my wallet!! What are the gears made of steel? I looked over all his items for sale and in a few photos they looked like steel but in at least one they looked like brass. Any way the video was pure wickedness and the cost of the tobacco PIG BEAST is not bad.... I saved the links and will wait on a reply before scooping one up Thanks Jitterbugdude.

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
What are the gears made of steel? I looked over all his items for sale and in a few photos they looked like steel but in at least one they looked like brass..

Well they looked like brass to me. Just to make sure I put a magnet on the rollers and it stuck. Makes sense since I know the rollers are steel. I then touched the magnet to the gears (on both machines) and it stuck too. So, the gears are steel, not brass. Also, I believe he (Lucas) has his phone number listed in his ebay add. He speaks perfect English. Mind the time zone though if you call him. I believe chuditch called him before ordering his.

AmaxB

Well they looked like brass to me. Just to make sure I put a magnet on the rollers and it stuck. Makes sense since I know the rollers are steel. I then touched the magnet to the gears (on both machines) and it stuck too. So, the gears are steel, not brass. Also, I believe he (Lucas) has his phone number listed in his ebay add. He speaks perfect English. Mind the time zone though if you call him. I believe chuditch called him before ordering his.

Thank You Jitterbugdude I will be buying one of these, I seen the ph # for him but is cheaper just to ask you. My power-matic will fail one day so one of these will make a nice replacement.

Brown Thumb

How long did shipping take from Poland.
I got me the big head since I like to abuse things.
I am going to try and make this a portable table top model. :confused:

Brown Thumb

It took 4 weeks and a few days both times I ordered.

let me know if you find a suitable gear motor.
Thanks, Good thing Im Inpatient.:(
I am going run a gear belt with the same size pulleys to a gear reduction motor running @ 200 rpm.
I won't use his side bearing holders. I will machine sides for everything to fit onto. Something like a powermatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.