Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My new Pipe Tobacco Shredder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I was so impressed with the Industrial Shredder Head I bought from Lucas in Poland that I bought a smaller, manual shredder head for pipe tobacco. I discussed with him if he could make me a shredder with a 1.6mm cut instead of the .8mm cut that was on my other shredder. He said yes and 4 weeks later it arrived.

Here it is: Machined Aluminum (1/2 inch thick), ball bearings with a nicely machined steel handle

DSC01663.jpg

Another shot showing the handle:

DSC01664.jpg

Not too sure how this will show up but here's a shot of the 1.6mm shred (on left) compared to .8mm shred (on right).

DSC01665.jpg

The leaf is VBL from Whole Leaf Tobacco

This thing cranks effortlessly and the 1.6mm cut is perfect for a nice ribbon cut. Later today I will hook my drill to it and do some more shredding. If you are a pipe smoker you definitely owe it to yourself to get one of these. Total cost from Poland to the East Coast of the U.S. was about $190.00. Sounds like a lot but it will be the last shredder for pipe tobacco you'll ever buy. The quality is amazing.

If any of you are seriously considering buying one, PM me and I can send you a small sample of the shredded tobacco. The link to the manufacturer is in my Industrial Shredder thread
Here: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5868-My-new-Industrial-Shredder!

BT send me some of his home made Perique awhile ago. I've been waiting for this shredder to come in to shred it. I'll let you know how his Perique, mixed with some VBL tastes.

chuditch

Did he increase the length of the handle? I told him it was a bit too short and thin as it only came to half way across the palm of the hand and being thicker would give a better grip. I added a wooden handle to mine to fix that and it is working a treat

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Chuditch, I'm not sure if he increased the handle length. If you look at the second picture the dimensions of my handle are: 4 1/2 inches long for the piece that screws into the shredder. The part you actually hold onto is 2 inches long. The handle is made out of steel that is about 1/4 inch thick.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Here it is hooked up to a drill. I screwed a 8-1.25 bolt into where the handle was. I put 2 nuts on the bolt to lock it in place and to make it easier to take out.

chuditch

Same as my handle I found it way to short to turn comfortably so I have added a wooden handle as a tap on fit over the metal handle.

But I am very impressed with your adaptation of the drill to run it. That is impressive.

Must have a look at doing that

Chuditch, I'm not sure if he increased the handle length. If you look at the second picture the dimensions of my handle are: 4 1/2 inches long for the piece that screws into the shredder. The part you actually hold onto is 2 inches long. The handle is made out of steel that is about 1/4 inch thick.

gpph

I'm in Australia and I would like to purchase a 1.6mm shredder could you tell me if that is possible? Regards George

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Brown Thumb

Wow that tears thru it good with the drill.:)
Did you Start building the other one yet:confused:

burge

I was looking at his table type shredder 600 bucks but looks like it will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.