Whole Leaf Tobacco

A nice light blend.

Shredded up a bunch of tobacco today and made a blend/mix I hadn't tried yet.

30% Virginia Brightleaf
    30% Virginia Flue Cured
    20% Tennessee Burley
    20% Turkish Izmir

Turned out light but flavorful.

Re: A nice light blend.

ive just receved a bunch of various leafs i think thus will help me.

thanks

Thanks for sharing this blend. Always good to get fresh ideas. When you say flue cured, is this red leaf? The way I understood it was that brightleaf, lemon, red are all part of the flue cured group. Also, is your burley toasted? I want to get burley involved in my blends to give more of a fuller flavour but many people strongly advocate toasting it to make it palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_b View Post
    Thanks for sharing this blend. Always good to get fresh ideas. When you say flue cured, is this red leaf? The way I understood it was that brightleaf, lemon, red are all part of the flue cured group. Also, is your burley toasted? I want to get burley involved in my blends to give more of a fuller flavour but many people strongly advocate toasting it to make it palatable.
    Burley may be the missing ingredient in your cigarette blend. Toasting will help mellow out burley, but so does age. I like it toasted or not. You can also substitute about half your Burley for Maryland and that will mellow out the Burley and also add another nice flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Burley may be the missing ingredient in your cigarette blend. Toasting will help mellow out burley, but so does age. I like it toasted or not. You can also substitute about half your Burley for Maryland and that will mellow out the Burley and also add another nice flavor.
    I want some burley. I am smoking my kick ass ottoman been kilned for 2 weeks , mellow, need some tough burley to go with it.
    BarG

Well I got my burley ordered from Larry and cant wait. I guess I will crank up a long dormant kiln when it gets here minus a 1/2 lb. The ottoman from 2012 was only kilned for 2 weeks and the difference from unkilned is very noticable. probably about 3 lbs worth. I am on my last lb of big gem from 2012 so will add that to a grow next year.
    BarG