Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is This A Sales Gimick Or Good Cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

I just came across this new cigar and when I see cigars like this I wonder if it's the novelty or the quality of the tobacco in the cigars. Or just a justification of the prices for them.
I'm not about to buy them to see either. Do you think it's a marketing ploy to apeal to younger smokers ? Or a new fad to entice collectors of bands ?

La+Jugada+Nunchuck+by+Moya+Ruiz+Cigars.jpg

I see alot of company's that seem to push the novelty of their cigars anymore. I use to smoke Viaje cigars, But got turned off when the novelty seem to outweigh the flavor. Also I roll as good a cigar with WLT tobacco.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My impression is that the majority of new cigar frontmarks are the result of marketing meetings, rather than the creations of master cigar blenders. Most of these new "designs" are horribly imbalanced, and way too strong to enjoy.

When you see nunchucks, or an egg shaped cigar, or a cigar thicker than a donkey's dong (or a "Nub," for that matter), it's got to be about something other than the quality of the leaf and the balance of the blend. One might also say the same about a cigar brand that reads like an entry from Interpol's list of terrorist organizations.

With regard to the nunchucks, I do wonder how they rolled it. If it's just two pig-tailed cigars held together with a dab of glue beneath one of the caps, then...well, that's not impressive. If, on the other hand, the two cigars are wrapped from a single half-leaf of wrapper--start one foot at the bottom of the wrapper, the second foot at the top of the wrapper, then roll them toward one another--that would be worth seeing.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Anarchy, Asylum, Bonebreaker, Chaos...gosh, I've just made it to the 'C's. If I list any more brands, NSA is sure to swoop down.

Bob

dvick003

i looked on the world cigar site and you are right... Seems to me that there are a lot of dissatisfied cigar producers out there. Maybe they should donate their land and resources to a good cause, Me...

charlie G.

I agree with most of you. I think cigars like this have turned into a marketing tool. I have found the same with cigar boxing, or now the bundles of 5 cigars offered by some company's.
I think if you have a great blend a cigar it will speak for itself and the word will travel of how good they are. I think it's the same anymore with the numerous limited edition cigars.

Raodwarior

Hey I made a few cigars when I started that were tight enough you would have enjoyed smoking a nunchuk...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.