Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Zealand Seed Swap 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladaok

Hello there fellow kiwi's . There is some seed listed on these pages I would love to try . can you help ?

here's a list of what I have ... some seed I have very little of, and I intend to grow out every variety this coming season

If you are interested you can leave a post or PM

Been away from here a while, ( too long )

Anyway, I was given a fist full of seed by Ben ' B ' a coupe of years ago now ?
I grew them all, some I ruined with mould, some probably not cured correctly ... big learning curve, usually by mistakes ! ... still I managed to try them all
I will list them short hand ... as I'm a V slow typist, and I may pass on B4 I get finished
icon_lol.gif

african red
aztec rustica
bafra
bahia
bursa
blk sea sam
blk stork mam
comst span
conn br leaf
flori sama
havana 142
hick pry
izmar ozbaz
kelly
little dutch
MD 609
paris wrap
penn broa leaf
penn red
perique
shirazi
silv river
sym #9
xan yaka # 18
zimmer span

none seem to smoke v well by them selves. although african red and florida sumatra are pretty good
I have found that blending some together give you a much better smoke ....do you see any good combos.
icon_question.gif

Can you suggest something that I might be missing, I'm after a stronger aroma , I want to try some other varieties

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I will make a list of my tobacco and let you take what you want..
But my next-year's grow looking like this:
Dutch (Ohio),
Indian Black,
Szamosi dark,
Connecticut 8212-Shade.
And some orient (don't known exactly what variants)..
But I will make a more exact list one my tobacco when I got time..

Kiwikeg

I have available for swaps.
Lots of this years Yellow Twist Bud seed (burley great pipe and cigar tobacco- smokes fine on its own)
and some leftover unopened packets of Hauraki Gold (Riverhead Gold) sourced from Koanga Gardens. -Pretty mild smoke probily good for ciggies?
PM me if you want some of either one.

Kiwikeg

Yes I don't think that I have any photos of it but it has quite a unusual leaf shape.the leaves kind of continue down the stalk for about 3 inches. It is a old commercial cigarette tobacco that was grown at Riverhead near auckland new zealand and has been saved by a heritage seed trust. They can't call it Riverhead Gold for trademark reasons so its in their seed catalog as Hauraki Gold.
I will happily send you a package of the seeds if you want some.

Status
Not open for further replies.