Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

extremelly jealous of the IOLA garden.. so here i go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i really like what the iola garden has going on, [ http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5700-IOLA-tobacco-Garden?highlight=iola]

the irrigation system really fasinated me [ my water pressure sucks,,, while trying to run 4 sprinklers.. i got to run them 1 at a time. ]

ive got drip line run [ but not hooked up ] and a 30 gallon jug to hold my mixed liquid fertilizer for the drip line [ not hooked up ]

my '' biodegradable '' weed barrier didnt last a hot 40 days, before it bio-degraded. [ very dissapointed with that purchase ]
im going with greenhouse material for my weed barrier next year, and perhaps picking up '' carpet'' people throw away to lay in between my rows. for weed barrier,

i just oredered a 1 h.p. water pump. to connect to a 250 gallon holding tank i have, so i can possiblly run 6 sprinklers at once.

and i ordered a '' hopefullly'' bad-ass sprinkler head. i only got 1 for now to see how it does, but i plan on running some sprinkler heads, that the big boys use. in professional irrigation.. i may only need 2 sprinklers. when im done.????? 1 for the bacca patch. and 1 for the garden,

heres my pump. i just ordered, http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Cent..._sbs_86_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M695ATAPRV632ST5J53

.. and the sprinkler head im gonna try,

.http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Farmla...e_p_img_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BFYN7JH1VMJ17V039YQ

..perhaps next year ill have my irrigation toghter. and i owe it all to

USHOG... for the motivation,,, '' to get it done ''

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Chicken its look like one off mine, but my are blue and seems to need more water to work.. I looked at the sprinter.. Think I have 6 ones on the loft.. My grandfather was a farmer and let his son take lower the farm, big mistake, but to make a long story short... I have much thing laying and those sprinters will work.. If I start em here I will give the hole Neighborhood water.. Reining every day.. LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have water standin in my rows an plants drownin. To wet to work in the patches.

The storms have been missing me. I've been dry for quite awhile but the plants are doing fine. The storms have been following the river north of me or the mountain range south of me.

USHOG

I would be more than willing to talk with you about my irrigation. It has made life very easy with gardening. I will be home tomorrow ad we can talk my number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. I have many ideas to improve upon my system for next year and can save time and money on a good simple system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I visited this company's factory in Orlando. The Wobbler Xcell works at low pressure and gives excellent coverage. It's the closest thing to rain I've ever seen from a sprinkler. Use the 3/4" heads.
http://www.senninger.com/
The Wobbler Xcell: http://www.senninger.com/solid-set/xcel-wobbler/
Here's a place to order them. I use the 3/4" size with a #10 nozzle. http://www.bradshawsupply.com/Rotating-Xcel-Wobbler-Sprinkler-078-to-825-gpm_p_20.html

i did a lot of researching on the sprinklers... seen some that went for over 1 grand..

but i watched a video on the wobbler. not a bad sprinkler at all. but they got to be close to each other,

im wanting a sprinkler that will cover a good size area. and throw a lot of water at once,

side note ; i ordered that siphloing mechanism you turned me on to,, i dont think my water pressure is stong enough to operate it correctlly.
but thats why im upgrading. until i get better pressure, im stuck in the mud.

thats proablly why i never hooked my drip-line up.. i got it laid. but i know the pressure was going to be a issue. it's gonna be done right.. laying my 1 '' water-line. and possiblly hooking each row of drip-line with it's own shut-off valve. so i can fertilize my veggies differentlly.

lets just say... next year. my irrigation issues should be taken care of.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i looked at a liquid fertilizer injection system that i could incorporate into this irrigation system im gonna build,

perhaps i should document this build and start a thread on it,????

..i know ill be running 3 ----- 4 sprinklers. off this setup. and im trying to keep the lines 1'' all the way to a 1 '' sprinkler head,

so far everything i may need ive found in the 1 '' size,

i know ill have 2 sprinklers watering a square.. in the back.... and 2 sprinklers watering a square in the front yard.

and use the house pump. to run the drip-line,

ill proablly go with running 2 lines '' out '' with thier own shut-off valve...

each line powering the 2 sprinklers. front,,and back,,,

if everything goes good.. i should have this system up and running in 2 weeks.

well maybe not... i forgot the cost of these sprinklers in the equation. at $50 --- $100+ a sprinkler. i may have to get them one at a time.

the one i did order was a $ 15 plastic head. im extremelly not fond of any sprinkler head that aint made out of metal.

so im allready counting on ordering the metal ones before i even try this plastic one,

but who knows??? it is a different design than a normal sprinkler head. so perhaps it may be good,?

but 2 weeks. it should be up and running. on one sprinkler head, '' only ''

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
My pump should be here any day..I been putting materials toghter..pallets to mount it all on..a thorough redneck set of blueprints..a inline filter..and 2 shutoff valves for the 2 master outlet lines..

I think I'm gonna run 2.....1'' impact sprinklers.and drip line to the bacca patch...

And 4....3/4" impact sprinklers.and drip line to the veggie patch.

I'm gonna mainline the bacca patch with p.v.c. pipe to a stationary sprinkler..

But use a 4 way water hose hookup coming .directly off of the main line and hook the 4 garden sprinklers to their own water hose..so I can shut them on and off as needed..

I'm wondering if I need to put the pump on a dimmer.switch to control the amount of water flow???

Status
Not open for further replies.