Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rickey Taylor, Rolling daily smokers 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

Maybe it's hard to say it's a wrong way to do it if it works? but, what's wrong or, different with Rickey's technique?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
His technique works but I'd not recommend it to anyone. He says he puts glue onto the entire length of his binder so it doesn't unwrap. Well if your binder is unwrapping you are not rolling your cigar correctly. Not a big fan of the newspaper either. Learn to roll correctly and you won't need a crutch. I also liked that fact that he talked about LeafOnly having such wonderful leaf yet he's using some pretty ratty binder.

All in all, his technique works but there are about a 1000 ways to roll a better/nicer cigar

ArizonaDave

His technique works but I'd not recommend it to anyone. He says he puts glue onto the entire length of his binder so it doesn't unwrap. Well if your binder is unwrapping you are not rolling your cigar correctly. Not a big fan of the newspaper either. Learn to roll correctly and you won't need a crutch. I also liked that fact that he talked about LeafOnly having such wonderful leaf yet he's using some pretty ratty binder.

All in all, his technique works but there are about a 1000 ways to roll a better/nicer cigar

I'd have to agree with you. I still use paper towels after binding, and add the wrapper later. the only place the glue is needed is at the tip of the cigar, the part that goes into your mouth. Sometimes foot and tip, but I skip the foot because it's not needed if rolled properly. I've heard of some people using white wrap, the kind used for wrapping meat, IF it's still available. None of these though can replace the importance of a mold though.

I freehand many cigars, and most all turn out much better than that.

MarcL

The thickness of RT's DIY sense is heavy. good points you all made but can you get the other technique that is maybe a little more 101 of rolling? he'd bin doing it all way's,.. I did not mention it to him at all. but, It is, what most might consider a mistake here. you should have noticed right away.

MarcL

yes, that's the one I meant. that should effect the burn line some. but, there is one more thing I notice...

Gdaddy

Leaf direction. He put the best tobacco (the tips) in the head of the cigar that won't be smoked. You smoke the worst the leaf has to offer. The other is Pectin and lots of it. (my personal dislike)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

MarcL

Well, that's fine. I figured one of y'all would have given in eventually. .. my money was on you for sure. thanks, I could hardly stand the suspense myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.