Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Cameroon West Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

peric

I am Peric , and a Newbie inthe CIGAR world.My interest in promoting high end quality skills has pushed me to discovering the extreme good quality of the cameroon tobacco, Grown in the a rich dark soil Cameroon posses one of the worlds best tobacco leaves which is being used in many huge Cigar brands.
As a young Entrepreneur, a visit to one of this farms and plantations made me realize how much effort is put into creating a 100% Bio Cigar straight from the farms and i decided to show case this arts by the local farmer to the world. I have started my own CIGAR Brand. which is made up of a mixture of cameroon tobaccos from the different areas to give it its unique tastes.
Any way i am still in teh local market and would love ideas from people in this industry be you a expert or just a fan of Cigars on how i could make this Brand in to the international scene for other Cigar lover to taste the rich soils of Cameroon.
The leaf itself is also very small, thus many Cameroon-wrapped cigars are limited by size, no 60+ ring gauge Gordos here! It is popular for the variety of flavors present in the leaf. These flavors include notes of woodiness, slight spice and subtle sweetness which present themselves perfectly for blending in either a strong or milder smoke. Cameroon wrappers are generally a deep, rich brown in color, dark but not black. These types of cigar wrappers have become some of the trendiest on the planet, which has ideally positioned Cameroon tobacco producers for success in a global market.

Here are examples of brands using Cameroon Tobaccos

i will welcome any suggestions and ideas as to how to develope my brand and any suggestions are welcomed.

Attachments

• IMAG1069.jpg
    IMAG1069.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG1070.jpg
    IMAG1070.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG1067.jpg
    IMAG1067.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG1073.jpg
    IMAG1073.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 4

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Welcome to the site. I know a few people who can help market your cigars. The first thing they will want is samples. I'll send you a PM with more information.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Looks like you got some nice cigars there..

I wish you all the luck...in your venture.

And with fm growit's. Help....I'm sure. You'll do fine.

ArizonaDave

I am Peric , and a Newbie inthe CIGAR world.My interest in promoting high end quality skills has pushed me to discovering the extreme good quality of the cameroon tobacco, Grown in the a rich dark soil Cameroon posses one of the worlds best tobacco leaves which is being used in many huge Cigar brands.
As a young Entrepreneur, a visit to one of this farms and plantations made me realize how much effort is put into creating a 100% Bio Cigar straight from the farms and i decided to show case this arts by the local farmer to the world. I have started my own CIGAR Brand. which is made up of a mixture of cameroon tobaccos from the different areas to give it its unique tastes.
i will welcome any suggestions and ideas as to how to develope my brand and any suggestions are welcomed.

Nice looking Cigars there Peric. I love the unique taste of Cameroon cigars myself. I wish you the best in your quest! It would be curious to see also what other types of tobacco are unique to your area of the world. Each country seems to have a fair quantity of unique tobaccos for blending.
I'd love to hear about the soil conditions or anything else you'd like to share. If your cigars are ever available soon in the U.S., I'd love to grab a box or two.

peric

wow thanks a lot really appreciate . would be Updating on how its going . i am really a rokie in this and frankly welcome the positive feedback on the cigars hope the taste wouldn't disappoint as well.

peric

Nice looking Cigars there Peric. I love the unique taste of Cameroon cigars myself. I wish you the best in your quest! It would be curious to see also what other types of tobacco are unique to your area of the world. Each country seems to have a fair quantity of unique tobaccos for blending.
I'd love to hear about the soil conditions or anything else you'd like to share. If your cigars are ever available soon in the U.S., I'd love to grab a box or two.

thansk a lot Dave . well i am still learning the hooks about soils and the rest when it comes to growing the tobacco. but as from the other products i supply from cameroon such as Coffe and cocoa bean, the Cameroon soil is reach and as most of teh agricultural areas havnt been touch so its about 75% organic. in most areas. The NPK level is about 3-N,2-P-2-K
we export organic coffee beans as well so soil fertility and content for us is of great importance
below is an article about the cameron soil type, we gives different types of tobacco found inthe various regions. I am looking to get teh cigars to teh US . so will definitely let you knwo when they are there. just hope they wouldn't be expensive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The soils of Cameroon can be classified into three broad groups based on their degree of development as follows:

1. Soils developed in the ferralitic zone.
  2. Soils developed in the ferruginous zone.
  3. Young soils developed from varied parent materials (include soils developed from lacustrine, colluvial, alluvial and volcanic ash deposits and soils developed on steeply sloping environments).
[For details of the major soil classification system used in classifying the soils of Cameroon refer to Yerima and Van Ranst (2005)]. Soils developed in the ferralitic zone
This zone lies south of the seventh parallel with an annual rainfall above 1 500 mm and a dry season of less than four months; it includes the equatorial forest. Further subdivisions can be distinguished depending on the rainfall. A zone of yellow ferralitic soils in a band along the Coastal Lowland region developed from sedimentary rocks, is highly leached in bases (< 20 % base saturation) and has a mean annual rainfall of > 2 000 mm with a dry season which is not pronounced. Towards the interior from this zone (Bertoua through Nanga Eboko to Yaoundé) with lower rainfall, soils are usually red with a base saturation of 20-40 %. These developed from varied parent materials including granite, gneiss, schists and micaschists. These soils are classified as Ferralsols and occur in association with Alisols, Nitisols and Acrisols which have clay accumulation horizons but low base saturation.
Ferralsols have good physical properties and poor chemical properties. Their great depth, high permeability and stable micro-structure make them less susceptible to erosion than other soils, except sandy units. Ferralsols have low fertility, no weatherable minerals and cation retention by the mineral soil fraction is low. Under natural conditions in these soils, the bulk of ‘available’ plant nutrients are concentrated in the upper 10-50 cm of soil. Nutrients that are taken up by the roots are eventually returned to the surface soil with falling leaves and other plant debris. If this process of ‘nutrient cycling’ is interrupted, e.g., by introduction of low input sedentary subsistence farming, the root zone will rapidly become depleted of plant nutrients. On cultivation of virgin soils, high yields are obtained which rapidly decrease with time with increased mineralisation of organic matter, leaching of nutrients and decrease in soil fertility.
Also found in association with the ferralsols are concretionary soils rich in Fe and Al, variously called soils with lateritic, ironstone, or ferricrete crusts. Because of their indurated nature they usually limit plant growth but are useful for surfacing roads.
Soils developed in the ferruginous zone
These, found north of the seventh parallel, are characterized by rainfall of less than 1 500 mm and a dry season exceeding four months. Unlike the equatorial domain, the ferruginous zone has a shorter rainy season and much lower rainfall. Chemical weathering, driven by water, is limited with mechanical weathering predominating. This results in the development of much shallower soil profiles than the preceding case. Little Fe is found in the exchange complex so the soils are grey to brown. These soils are younger with limited weathering and have base saturations over 50 % and often greater than 80 %. They have higher amounts of weatherable minerals and thus more nutrient reserves than their ferralitic counterparts. The dominant clay minerals are phyllosilicate clays composed of smectites, vermiculites, chlorites, micas and kaolinites, which have higher surface areas, greater water and nutrient retention capacities and thus are more chemically reactive than the ferralsols. Low rainfall limits vegetation growth and organic matter accumulation resulting in low amounts of nitrogen. Though these soils are more fertile than their ferralitic counterparts, the high amount of soluble products in the system result in nutrient imbalances which tend to inhibit uptake of other nutrient elements required by plants for normal functioning.
A remarkable feature of this zone is the longer dry and hot season which favours the translocation of weathered soluble products to the soil surface through evapotranspiration. These products are not leached beyond the soil profile during the rainy season due to limited amount of rainfall. This results in the accumulation of precipitates of soluble salts at the surface, often in toxic proportions, and is responsible for the formation of the type of soils called “harde” (in Fulfulde = sterile”) in north Cameroon.
Towards the southern edge of the ferruginous zone plinthite (a humus-poor sesquioxide –rich material that hardens irreversibly upon exposure develops) which often hardens into an indurated crust called laterite, occurs. There is also a wide variety of young soils (Vertisols, Leptosols, Regosols, etc.) in this zone.
Young soils developed from varied parent materials
Besides those covered above the following soils which cover large areas can also be observed.
Andosols, young soils developed from volcanic ash, cinders and easily weatherable volcanic materials, are commonly found near volcanic vents or downslope or downwind from the volcano, where a sufficiently thick layer of ash has been deposited during eruptions. They are found along the volcanic axis which stretches from Mount Cameroon in the South West Province through the Bakossi, and Mungo areas to Foumbot and the Adamawa plateau. The principal soil forming process is rapid weathering of ash to produce amorphous or poorly crystalline silicate minerals such as allophane. Formation of alumino-humus complexes protects the organic matter from mineralisation and leads to its accumulation in these soils. They have a low bulk density, are dark in colour and constitute the most productive soils for intensive agriculture in the country.
Fluvisols are soils which lack any major marks of soil-forming processes due to periodic additions of alluvial deposits. They are found in isolated zones, especially in the plains and bottoms of major river valleys such as the Wouri, the Benue and the Logone and Chari valleys, and the Ndop and Mbo plains. Due to their youth they are generally fertile and support intensive agriculture except where alluvial deposits are derived from eroded subsoil materials.
Vertisols, formerly called black clays or grumosols, have marks of processes that mix the soil regularly and prevent development of diagnostic horizons. The dominant soil-forming processes are shrinking and swelling through periods of drying and wetting. They are dark in colour and have a high content of swelling clays, dominantly smectite, which is responsible for their shrink-swell nature. They are very rich in nutrient cations but because of their poor engineering properties (pronounced volume changes with change in moisture, deep wide cracks in the dry season, low hydraulic conductivity, high bulk density and difficulty in tillage), these soils are not exploited to their full potential. They are found in the lake Chad Basin developed from lacustrine sediments as well as in the Benue plain.
Leptosols and Regosols are soils with little pedogenic development found in steeply sloping environments in hilly to mountainous areas such as Mt Yeye and Mbankomo around Yaoundé, the Mandara Mountains and the Adamawa Highlands. Lack of pedogenic development is associated with rapid removal of surface soil, shallow nature, high erodibility and limited moisture retention; they have low potential for agriculture.
Gleysols (hydromorphic soils) are soils with signs of excess wetness as indicated by oxidation/redoximorphic features. They are found in low-lying areas with shallow groundwater or valleys with impeded drainage. They are found in the big marshes of the Haut-Ntem or Haut-Nyong and the middle part of the Haut-Noun valleys. Waterlogging is their main limitation. They are mostly used for grazing or covered with swamp forests, but can be planted to rice, coffee and some food crops, e.g. Mbo plain in the West Province.

peric

Looks like you got some nice cigars there..

I wish you all the luck...in your venture.

And with fm growit's. Help....I'm sure. You'll do fine.

wow thanks a lot really appreciate . would be Updating on how its going . i am really a rokie in this and frankly welcome the positive feedback on the cigars hope the taste wouldn't disappoint as well.

peric

IMAG0942.jpgIMAG0940.jpgIMAG0941.jpg here are some of the Cigars in the various siezes from the Mediums to the Bigger once. all 100% Cameroon tobacco and only 100% Bio

peric

What is 100% Bio? Is that the same as Organic?

hello yes it means 100% organic , in the farms all pestisides used and fertilizers are organic, we actually getting the organic fertilizer from the USA. Grow wild fertilizers

peric

Hi there peric. Welcome and all the best. Hardly waiting to try some Cameroon wrapper.

thanks maks well i dont know if there r some in your local tobacco store , but incase you will wish to buy from here i could arrange a few

Status
Not open for further replies.