Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My little grow (2015) [Hasse SWE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Kullas: I will be a good year. But I have already got some (for me) new problem's. It have started to rain in to the the garage.
I also found some hornworm one the tobacco that I have in the garage. The thing is: Hornworms have never been a problem for me before.. Very hungry "things"...

kullas

I have one plant that they love more than the others. They have devoured that one plant. Next year I will be spraying.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Hum.. When I have time over for the tobacco I will check my tobacco again, Havana#501 or Red-Rose are the most attacked leaf (in the garage). Do you really think Hornworms care wat tobacco variants it is?

kullas

Not for sure. All I'm growing this year is Va gold it maybe just the plant. Maybe someone else can chime in that knows. I woild like to know myself.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hum.. When I have time over for the tobacco I will check my tobacco again, Havana#501 or Red-Rose are the most attacked leaf (in the garage). Do you really think Hornworms care wat tobacco variants it is?

It may vary from year to year but this year the hornworms showed a marked preference for both my Burley varieties and bud worms have been a problem in my Besuki two years running. I've only managed to get a little seed from the Besuki each year but I'm finally getting up a little bit of a stash.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sorry to hear, Budworm ain't nice to deal with, my grandfather was a farmer when I was a children. He was growing some flowers for a seed company for some years. Some of the flowers I remember as almost impossible to take good seed from.
Some times he grow same flowers on 3-4 pleases, people around him often told him to take money for it. But he just told: "hi I have spaces and times".. LoL I can understand him some times..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Not for sure. All I'm growing this year is Va gold it maybe just the plant. Maybe someone else can chime in that knows. I woild like to know myself.

Okay that's also interesting (but in a different way). Just like in the nature in big, ju can see alot of flowers and trees, the same variants but only some of em have been attacked by different animals, but the ones that have, have been hit very much..
In my case I have not seen the Hornworms at. Any growing plant, just the leaf I have handing in my garage.
Most of em seems to be Red-Rose, some Havana#501 and some Prilep. So far not a single Shirey and Izmir-Incekara.. Bit I found no reason to think. It's means something special. Shirey is a Dark variants and Izmir-Incekara a low nicotine orient.. How strong in nicotine Red-Rose is don't I know and Havana #501 should bee just like Havana#142. It would be a Mosaic -virus resistant variants of it.. Not same yield but pretty similar.. I put attention one it just because it is The. First Mosaic resistant Havana varieties how was ever made.. If I got all things all right they. Made it from Havana #142 in the beginning of 1960.. The same year as Havana#503 (how they also crossed with burley21).

Good night ..

Last edited by a moderator:

kullas

I have also noticed that the plant I let go to seed there have very few worms on it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I had the same problem with my last priming of leaf. I guess I harvested leaf that had hornworm eggs on them because I kept finding hornworms in my last priming of curing Maryland, a thin, mild leaf. My dark air, a thick, oily, high octane, leathery leaf which was harvested at the same time, was pretty much left alone. A guy could probably make a nice pair of boots from that dark air leaf. It is thick and tough as rhinoceros hide but is really nice in cigarettes at about 10%.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
My first frost night this season.. +2°c to night in my backyard. Some of my neighbour have 0°c exactly..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Nope it was not so bad, it's more the mother nature that show me how well I made my homework..
Almost every year it comes one separate could night. Tobacco often make it. If it comes 2 nights some tobacco make it and the night nr:3 will kill everyone.
To become honest I also have it in my blackhead when I start the year. Not put tomatoes or tobacco at the wrong place..

Status
Not open for further replies.