Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolling An Obelisco Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

I just came across this video and thought some might enjoy it.
I was amazed that the bunched cigar out of the press and before wrapper is applied looks box pressed already.
It comes from the special made press as stated in the video. Pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/hORPP2ELrDM

I have to say I don't understand why so much work is put into the box they come in tho. It just seems it would be a big added cost.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
While the rollers are clearly skilled in both the videos, it seems to me that the intricacy of the cigar shape rests entirely with the shape of the mold. Once you have a square stick with tapered ends, putting the wrapper on seems to differ little from wrapping any pre-molded perfecto shape.

I like the "box-pressed" shapes, but the molds do the heavy lifting.

Bob

charlie G.

Matty thanks for posting that Video. I am still amazed at how easy these rollers roll a wrapper. I know they do it day after day, but still amazes me.
That wrapper looked real stretchy and not so high a case either.

So true Bob. I have just never seen those molds before. I wouldn't mind having one.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
One of our members hand carved a single cigar mold in a similar shape. It was really fine work. I've forgotten who made it, and I can't locate the post.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone is interested in attempting to carve a single cigar mold for the Obelisco shape, here is the secret:

ObeliscoMold.JPG

The bottom of the shape in the lower mold half is one of the "corners" of the obelisk, forming a 'V' (arrow). The upper mold half is another 'V' shape. This should actually be easier to carve than Gdaddy's rounded profile.

Bob

Ben Brand

Thanks for the video. I like the little bit she puts on the front of the cigar after the wrapper was applied, almost like a cap, on Matty`s video.

Status
Not open for further replies.