Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I need some new blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'd like to get five new blends using wrapper that is currently not included in any of the WLT Cigar Blend kits (Bezuki and Corojo). Also there are some new fillers and existing fillers that are not included in any of the blends.

Let me know what you need and I'll send it to you. You can ask for 5 lbs., but I'll send 1/2 lb. :)

Offer open to members with at least 150 posts or existing customers of Whole Leaf Tobacco with at least three purchases of cigar tobaccos.

LewZephyr

This is one I continue to spin out. It is a wrapper change from my other standard which used Habana 2000.
This can also run just fine without the Mata Fina. It just adds a little something something that I like.

Nicaraguan Seco 2leaf
Nicaraguan Viso 2 leaf

Mata Fina Just 1/4thleaf
Sumatra Double Binder

Bezuki Wrapper

Another one I enjoy is:

Piloto seco 1 part
Criollo 98 ligero 1 part
Criollo 98 seco 1 part
Sumatra DoubleBinder
Ecuador ShadeWrapper

Hope this helps.

Jason

I have a great blend that works with Corojo and Havanna wrappers.

Filler is,
1 criollo 98 seco
1 criollo 98 viso
1 piloto cubano seco
1 dom ligerio

I generally use a double binder of seco banda but after recently running out, WLTs Pennsylvania binder works very well. After aging for even a few days, the flavor comes together for an absolutely delicious blend. I do not have 150 post but I have ordered well over 3 orders. I'll attach a picture of a few cigars I've recently rolled with the blend. Best of luck Don.

Thanks,

Jason

Snapchat--6378278040964940693.jpg

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks LewZephyr and Jason. If either of you want some of the new tobaccos I just got in, let me know. I'd like to create some blends with them also.

I don't get the premise here... You will send tobacco to us for blending trials?

Yes, this is correct...provided you meet the criteria set in the first post.

webmost

I'd like to try the nic seco for flavor, with the san vincente seco for burn, with a dom binder and a corojo wrapper. I am putting together an order right now, for hab wrapper, san vincente seco, corojo wrapper. The only bits I'd be missing for this experiment once I put in this order would be nic seco and dom binder, if you would be willing to toss a few leaves in with the rest.

How you going to evaluate these? Shall I send you a magic box?

Met a young man in Minnesota (aka skeeterville), who works for our canoe outfitter, who wants to try his hand at rolling. Gave him an Uppowoc Mataloto and he loved it. Gonna fix him up a rolling kit. The outfitters were great, so the kid deserves a good tip from me. What blend kit do you have handy I could pay for? Got any reject chavettas I could buy cheap? Guess I need to call and bug you again.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I don't get the premise here... You will send tobacco to us for blending trials?

Dvick003, I checked your credentials and you qualify for the offer. I'll use your shipping info from the website to send a sampler.

Don,
Could you list all the varieties that you would like considered in the new blends?

Bob

Bezuki and Corojo wrapper, San Vicente Seco and Ligero, Piloto Cubano Ligero, Nicaragua Habano Ligero...and any other fillers not included in any blends now.

I'd like to try the nic seco for flavor, with the san vincente seco for burn, with a dom binder and a corojo wrapper. I am putting together an order right now, for hab wrapper, san vincente seco, corojo wrapper. The only bits I'd be missing for this experiment once I put in this order would be nic seco and dom binder, if you would be willing to toss a few leaves in with the rest.

How you going to evaluate these? Shall I send you a magic box?

Met a young man in Minnesota (aka skeeterville), who works for our canoe outfitter, who wants to try his hand at rolling. Gave him an Uppowoc Mataloto and he loved it. Gonna fix him up a rolling kit. The outfitters were great, so the kid deserves a good tip from me. What blend kit do you have handy I could pay for? Got any reject chavettas I could buy cheap? Guess I need to call and bug you again.

When you put your order in, make a note with everything you want. I do have a complimentary chaveta also.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Tobaccos currently being used

Azucarodo Oscuro
Ecuador Maduro Wrapper
Dominican Cigar Binder
Dominican Ligero
Paraguay Flojo Viso
Nicaragua Seco

Melodioso Cremosa
American CT Shade Leaf Wrapper
Sumatra Cigar Binder
Dominican Seco
Dominican Ligero

Oscuro y Rico
Ecuador Maduro Wrapper
Sumatra Cigar Binder
Corojo Seco
Nicaragua Habano Viso

Sabroso Medio
Habano 2000 Wrapper
Dominican Cigar Binder
Piloto Cubano Seco
Criollo 98 Viso

Terroso Profundo
Corojo Wrapper
Dominican Cigar Binder
Corojo 99 Seco
Criollo 98 Ligero

webmost

When you put your order in, make a note with everything you want. I do have a complimentary chaveta also.

Done. Thanks a mil for all your terrific deals, Don.

Tell you, every time I hand one out, people are astonished how good a home rolled cigar can taste when rolled from your leaves. Struth. And I know they're not just BSing me, cause they smoke them to the nub.

I need to get to work on a new batch. Summer is here, and that means it's time once again for Johnny Sotweedseed to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway!

LewZephyr

Don
Thanks for the opportunity to try some of the new tobacco.

Honestly not sure what to ask for, since I haven't sampled most of what you list. I still have about 1/2lb of the bezuki left.
I'd like to just ask for pot luck in what you decide to send. Unless someone here has a strong suggestion on what I should request.

I haven't tried any of the others you listed.
Corojo Wrapper
San Vicente Seco or Ligero
Piloto Cubano Ligero
Nicaragua Habano Ligero

any opinions?

Birage

Don, I am sending an order in next week. I would be interested in your deal if you have any maduro wrapper blends, that is usually my preference for wrapper ( I do like many other wrappers, but maduro is my favorite when it is good). Usually, for the sake of versatility, I like the dual purpose tobaccos like Ct or Pa broadleaf, which make good binder, wrapper, and even filler to some extent, but always like trying new tobacco and a sampler or blend is a good way to do it. If you do have anything and approve sending it, certainly just wait for my order to come in rather than send it separate. I will echo what the other members have said, you treat your customers well!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Done. Thanks a mil for all your terrific deals, Don.

Tell you, every time I hand one out, people are astonished how good a home rolled cigar can taste when rolled from your leaves. Struth. And I know they're not just BSing me, cause they smoke them to the nub.

I need to get to work on a new batch. Summer is here, and that means it's time once again for Johnny Sotweedseed to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Thanks for the order. I'll ship out all the goodies today.

Don
Thanks for the opportunity to try some of the new tobacco.

Honestly not sure what to ask for, since I haven't sampled most of what you list. I still have about 1/2lb of the bezuki left.
I'd like to just ask for pot luck in what you decide to send. Unless someone here has a strong suggestion on what I should request.

I haven't tried any of the others you listed.
Corojo Wrapper
San Vicente Seco or Ligero
Piloto Cubano Ligero
Nicaragua Habano Ligero

any opinions?

LewZephyr, Send me a PM with the email address or last name you order with from the WLT site and I'll have your address.

Don, I am sending an order in next week. I would be interested in your deal if you have any maduro wrapper blends, that is usually my preference for wrapper ( I do like many other wrappers, but maduro is my favorite when it is good). Usually, for the sake of versatility, I like the dual purpose tobaccos like Ct or Pa broadleaf, which make good binder, wrapper, and even filler to some extent, but always like trying new tobacco and a sampler or blend is a good way to do it. If you do have anything and approve sending it, certainly just wait for my order to come in rather than send it separate. I will echo what the other members have said, you treat your customers well!

Put any of the tobaccos you need in the special instructions area when you order. I'll make sure you get them.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously Intense
Wrapper: Bezuki
Binder: Indonesian
Filler:
  • 2 Piloto Cubano Ligero
  • 1 San Vicente Ligero
  • 1 Nicaragua Habano Ligero
Dominican Bully
Wrapper: Dominican Binder
Binder: Dominican Binder
Filler:
  • 1 San Vicente Seco
  • 1 Piloto Cubano Seco
  • 1 Piloto Cubano Ligero
  • 1 Dominican Ligero
Middle Road
Wrapper: Bezuki
Binder: Sumatra
Filler:
  • 2 Nicaragua Habano seco
  • 2 Piloto Cubano seco
Bob

dvick003

Wrapper: corojo
Binder: dominican
2 parts corojo 99 seco
1 part piloto cubano seco
1 part dominican ligero

Kind of reminds me of a spiced latte, spicy with a hint of creaminess.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment, I'm smoking a cigar made with a filler of 4 Piloto Cubano seco leaves, plus 1 Nicaragua viso. The CT Shade wrapper and Besuki double binder fade into the background, allowing the dry (non-sweet), woody filler combination to come through. This is a medium-to-full strength cigar. There is little to no "earthiness" in the aroma.

Although many folks (including me) enjoy a rich and flavorful wrapper, I find that a more intense filler blend balances better with a relatively mild and bland wrapper/binder. Nic Habano viso tends to burn more slowly, while the tissue-thin Piloto Cubano seco is a veritable fire hazard.

Another issue that is seldom mentioned in cigar blends is that the size of the cigar influences how it tastes. My impression, for example, of the different sizes of Flor de A. Allones is that the filler blend is altered--made milder--as the cigars increase in size, so that the entire line tastes the same. A big honker made with the same blend that they use in their petite coronas would probably lay you flat, and taste improperly blended and horribly imbalanced.

Bob

webmost

Took Bearswatter to breakfast this morning. When we returned, there was a bag of leaves leaning against the front door. BOOM, my order delivered just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.