Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tuck cutter needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandik107

Hi, I would need tuck cutter w measuring tool and cigar cap punch (for making the cap).

I'm going to produce Churchill's (7 Inches / 17.8 CM Ring Gauge: 47 or 50)
Location of tuck cutter should be preferably from Europe (or somewhere else, but I would like to avoid payment of customs).

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Any ideas how to DIY the Cigar Capper Tool w ring gauge 50 are more than welcome.
You can sharpen the edges of a copper water pipe adapter, from the hardware store. Another method is to use the open edge of a commercial aluminum cigar tube.

Bob

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.

Sandik107

You can sharpen the edges of a copper water pipe adapter, from the hardware store. Another method is to use the open edge of a commercial aluminum cigar tube.

Bob

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.

Pipe adapters are worth to try! ;)
Aluminium cigar tubes are too soft and after finishing of 2-3 cigars there is no edge left to cut the leaf :(

Thanks for support.

Smokin Harley

yes you could but I think leather punches are way overkill on the delicate leaf. a copper 1/2-3/4 reducer fitting sharpened takes care of anything you need to cut cap. Just take a rattail file to the inside of the fitting ends and you're good to go . Copper is soft enough to file in a few minutes. if you happen to own an air die grinder and a conical stone ,sharpening is as quick as a squeeze of the air tool handle and light pressure.

Sandik107

yes you could but I think leather punches are way overkill on the delicate leaf. a copper 1/2-3/4 reducer fitting sharpened takes care of anything you need to cut cap. Just take a rattail file to the inside of the fitting ends and you're good to go . Copper is soft enough to file in a few minutes. if you happen to own an air die grinder and a conical stone ,sharpening is as quick as a squeeze of the air tool handle and light pressure.
I think the price is better than standard cigar copper caper w overseas shipping expenses.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
A 1/2" x 3/4" slip copper reducer. Cost is a little over $2 US over here. Available in all hardware stores. Used for plumbing water pipes in homes. Intended to be soldered to copper pipe to reduce size from 3/4 pipe to 1/2 pipe. The ends will need to be sharpened to cut cigar caps.

copper fitting.jpg

Sandik107

A 1/2" x 3/4" slip copper reducer. Cost is a little over $2 US over here. Available in all hardware stores. Used for plumbing water pipes in homes. Intended to be soldered to copper pipe to reduce size from 3/4 pipe to 1/2 pipe. The ends will need to be sharpened to cut cigar caps.

View attachment 16135
I looked around at hardware store but could not find such thing. Made some Churchills using bottle cap. Not the finest tool, but it is Ok for now.
IMG_1688.jpgIMG_1690.jpgIMG_1691.jpg

dino07

poh oh so sweet churchils
o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.