Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Wow, Just WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shundahai

Even though Don is selling tobacco as an agricultural commodity as per the law, it looks like the PTB want to re-interpret the regs and wording because they feel they are missing out on taxes, licenses and fees.

Thanks.

I wonder what if any actions were taken in response.

Gdaddy

I could be wrong but... it seems that they want the wording changed so as not to suggest the product is "low" or "light" and in some way better/improved for you to smoke.

"Because your website uses the descriptor “Light,” “mild,” or similar descriptors or suggests a reduced level of/exposure to a substance for the above listed products, these products are modified risk tobacco products."

They didn't say stop selling. They say.."
You should immediately correct the violations that are referenced above" This would/could be just re-defining the product.

rustycase

Probably a transplanted Kommiefornian who is channeling his inner Josef Stalin.

This is probably very close to the situation.
For years, folks from my home state of Kalifornia have been, well, Almost hated in the Pacific Northwest. (No hate. That would be a crime.)
Retired people from here moved up there for a more peaceful, simpler life... and drove all the real estate prices up, then wanted more government services.
Everyone's taxes went up.
Now, half the people there are from here, but some from other places, too.
The govt revenue probably dropped with the change in mj laws.
License and fees going up everywhere.
Good luck with that.
rc

Shundahai

3-4 more years in this place, and I'm the hell out of here.

This is probably very close to the situation.
For years, folks from my home state of Kalifornia have been, well, Almost hated in the Pacific Northwest. (No hate. That would be a crime.)
Retired people from here moved up there for a more peaceful, simpler life... and drove all the real estate prices up, then wanted more government services.
Everyone's taxes went up.
Now, half the people there are from here, but some from other places, too.
The govt revenue probably dropped with the change in mj laws.
License and fees going up everywhere.
Good luck with that.
rc

burge

Its reduculous they need to go after leaf only as well. its kind of silly because they are afraid it will lead to ryo and even if it does its much better for you that smoking chemicals. I could also roll a virginia cigar make snuff etc etc.

Shundahai

I really don't think they are concerned with public health so much as they are concerned with their revenue.

Its reduculous they need to go after leaf only as well. its kind of silly because they are afraid it will lead to ryo and even if it does its much better for you that smoking chemicals. I could also roll a virginia cigar make snuff etc etc.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Just like all government entities, they're on a witch hunt looking for every last way they can tax everything. I haven't heard anything from anyone in Washington.

CORoller55

Hey guys, Don your post brought up some questions on my part, and I found these sites for my hometown:

petition for tobacco licensing:
http://licensed2selltobacco.com/

regulations:
http://www.advancecolorado.com/working-colorado/business-licensing/tobacco

Could somebody explain what this seems to be saying? Am I correct in the take away point is that in the Denver area anyone with a business license can sell tobacco products, after paying tobacco sales tax? If so, that is amazing...

Hoping the petition for tobacco licensing wont go through, then ;)

ringanator

FMGROWIT it no better any were else in the world even here in canada I have been harassed by the rcmp over 20 tabacco plants I had to personally show them the govm of Canada website pertaining to the law on personal growth of tabacco and after a threat from my lawyer they have left me alone since.

burge

I just posted this link on the facebook group because a guy is from Washington state and told him he can order whole leaf. Time to ease some worries

docpierce

Just got a call from the State of Washington dept. of liquor control. He asked me if I was licensed to sell tobacco in the state of Washington. I told him I wasn't obligated to, nor was there a federal license that could be obtained to do so. I explained that under federal law, people are allowed to make tobacco products for personal use...just like making beer. He told me making beer for personal use in the state of Washington was illegal as was growing and manufacturing tobacco for personal use.

I asked him if he could tell me what article number in the Washington State revised code prohibits residents from growing tobacco and he said there were "umpteen thousands of codes and he couldn't tell me which one".

What the Fu**?
Oiy! You got a loisense for that?

Attachments

• bobby.jpg
    bobby.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.