Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pellet or coated seeds--anybody got some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrthing2000

Anyone got pelletized or coated seeds they'd like to get rid of? I'd like to try a few and see how they do.

I called a place in NC and they sold pelletized seeds but quoted about $35 for 10,000 seeds. Heck--I'd buy that and take a few hundred and split 'em several ways if anyone is interested. I might do that in the future, but I only need a few seeds to give it a try. The guy in the UK has them but I'd like a few more seeds than that--kind of spendy for just a few seeds.

I'd be interested in any types, especially the dark or oriental varieties.

Doogie

Which one you looking at getting I may be interested also

bonehead

try bigbonner. he might sell you some. if you buy a some of his tobacco you stand a good chance of being able buying some pelletized seed because he would be shipping to you anyways. just a thought. he also sells plants.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
A bacca seed sure would be a small thing to coat the material on..
It would seem as if something that small wouldn't germinate if coated.

Gavroche

We coat seeds to avoid that birds eat them birds in greenhouses with sowing, it is rare not? Or then I do not understand the subject it is possible.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Most commercial tobacco growers purchase coated tobacco seed (pelletized), since it is much easier to use. It is usually available only in very large quantities. Also, the companies that produce these focus on commercially suitable varieties.

As an example: Cross Creek Seed, Inc.

Bob

rustycase

I did get some of the pelletized seed from the bigbonner, along with a purchase, a few years back, just to see what they were all about...
As said above, they all become uniform size with the coating and would be easier to dispense, mechanically, for a large operation.
Not something really needed for a home grower.
ymmv
rc

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Most commercial tobacco growers purchase coated tobacco seed (pelletized), since it is much easier to use. It is usually available only in very large quantities. Also, the companies that produce these focus on commercially suitable varieties.

As an example: Cross Creek Seed, Inc.

Bob

That's a pretty cool link..that company offers a lot of different seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.