Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WA State Whole Leaf Tobacco--not a tobacco product (yay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrthing2000

I just got an email back from the state...

Whole leaf tobacco is an agricultural product, until it is processed for 'use'. So that means the leaves are good to go, unless you start stripping out the vein and chopping them up.

Good to know.

:cool:

waikikigun

Hurray!

I just got an email back from the state...

Whole leaf tobacco is an agricultural product, until it is processed for 'use'. So that means the leaves are good to go, unless you start stripping out the vein and chopping them up.

Good to know.

:cool:

mrthing2000

I asked the Ag Extension office if there are any special permits needed to grow tobacco for commercial sales here, and that seemed to have stumped them. There may be some guy doing on an Indian reservation, but they have totally different rules. We do have a 'baccy seed supplier near Spokane but I think they are only growing seeds--not sure what they do with the leaves when they are done.

We have a ton of people interested in organics, and the idea of 'organic' 'natural' N. Rustica pesticide seems plausible. But trying to make a chemical--you'd have to be out of your mind. Might as well sell the dust and tell people 'you figure it out'. No way I want OSHA in my backyard, and I'm not a chemist. But you know some idiot would try to liquify the dust into an e-cig material, get poisoned, and here we go with the lawyers :(

We have a ton of people growing whacky tobaccy here--though its not legal to do so unless you have a qualified medical condition (yeah right). You can grow whacky tobaccy in Oregon though. So going through the Liquor Control Board to figure it out--its not the best time to ask, since they are flooded with questions about cannabis. :mad: Ask about anything and they think 'oh you really mean the OTHER tobacco'.

Last thing I want is to lease some land and grow some for whole leaves and have the state, ATF, or lawyers roll up (pun intended).

We have a lot of *$%# rules here. And no one office seems to coordinate any of them. We're not a tobacco growing state and I'm starting to see why. But the legislature wants to add another dollar to the pack, making it around $8 now, so there may be further interest in GYO.

DGBAMA

I believe the seed supplier you mention is NwtSeeds. The owner is a member on this forum, as name "skychaser". Excellent to deal with. If you are close, he mentioned a " you pick, you haul " type deal once that he did after harvesting his seed. Not sure if he still does.

mrthing2000

Ah, yep, that's the one. Might be nice for a special trip up north if he does that one again. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.