Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smokin Harley Kiln leaf curing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

Ok , so last weekend I had a few of my leaf start to get a little musty so to deter any mold that may be lurking to spread, after a thorough inspection of each individual leaf, I sprayed the questionable leaf down with hydrogen peroxide and let them sit a few minutes . After a few spots of white bubbles , I worked the bag over to distribute the H2O2 . Then the leaf was removed and dabbed so that there was very little surface moisture and the leaves were then placed back in the vapor proof bags but not sealed, just folded over. I put these bags back in my kiln and they sat there on the top shelf for a week maintained at 125*F . Yesterday after an early quit at work I opened the kiln up and checked my leaf. I opened the first bag and the delightful aroma of sweet tobacco and fruitiness hit my nose. Then I opened the rest , same or similar. I had asked months ago if this would work and as of yet no one had tried it (Kilning in bags) . Anything over 118*F will not support mold and in Bobs opinion, I think it was (please correct me if I'm wrong), basically sterilizes . May I be the first to say , I think it does and very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.