Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe dip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kullas

I had about 6oz of black cav. pipe tobacco left over from when i used to smoke. i hated to see it go to waste so i pit it in the dehydrator for a couple hours and went to thinking of how to get it into a texture if that close to cope snuff. I poured the baccy into a metal mesh kitchen strainer and rubbed it through the texture was very close to the size of cope so i was happy. I thought about using a coffee grinder but it being bone dry i didnt want alot of fines.

I used Workhorse_1 recipe soy sauce, baking powder, sugar, salt and liquid smoke. i made small batches, 1 snuff can size at a time. i made 3 different batches using 3 different variations of the recipe. The second one instid of sugar i used pure maple syrup from Ohio. The las one i used molasses.

All 3 smelled like a good pipe baccy with suttle hints of the syrup i used. i didnt give it time to age i had to try it. it wasnt sweet like chewing tobacco or like the flavored dips. the soy sauce gave it that something it needed. Was savery is what i like not the sweet. But the aroma in my mouth was that of a pipe being smoked. I liked it. What i didnt like was the taste lasted for about 10 min and was gone well not totally just got week. Im hoping the aging will help extend this out.

All in all this venture with pipe baccy was a success and will be one i try again. It seams i will be making some black cavinish with some of my baccy.

pics to come

DGBAMA

Cavendish processed tobacco is known to be generally mild, but absorbs/holds flavors better than plain cured leaf.

kullas

I was a fan of it when I smoked. I have been reading up on making it. The process don't sound to bad.

kullas

Now comes the hard part... waiting. Its still a little wet so I will give it a week and try all 3 and give a update

kullas

I cant find the link which bothers me. The recipes i find from Workhorse uses water, so i could have quoted the wrong one. good thing i wrote it down. What i have wrote down is
Dip Kodiak
3/4 quart bone dry tobacco
1/2 cup soy suace
1 tbls molasses
1 tbls baking powder
1 tsp honey
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp concentrated flavor vanilla, mint ect

for copenhagen use no honey, half the molasses and a little more salt

kullas

I didn't bake just bring all ingredients but baccy to a short boil and mix with baccy. Mix well. If after well mixed and there is extra juice ether add more baccy or pour it off. If there is not enough juice ya ban add ether a tad more soy or can use water

kullas

So far I like it but I can't wait untill my baccy is out of the kiln so I can try some of it

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Just tried this with the flour, soda, soy sauce, splenda and powdered smoked burley for the smoke flavor. Not bad even still warm, bet it'll be good after aging, thanks:)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
The picture of the snuff in the can..looks just like cope

kullas

The texture of it through the metal mesh strainer gets real close

jaysalti

I cant find the link which bothers me. The recipes i find from Workhorse uses water, so i could have quoted the wrong one. good thing i wrote it down. What i have wrote down is
Dip Kodiak
3/4 quart bone dry tobacco
1/2 cup soy suace
1 tbls molasses
1 tbls baking powder
1 tsp honey
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp concentrated flavor vanilla, mint ect

for copenhagen use no honey, half the molasses and a little more salt

I don't know if this is the same link, but appears to be the same info:

http://www.howtogrowtobacco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6057

Posted by Nick Otine

Baking was only used to dry the leaves and stems. Recommended to grind stems separate to allow for better control of consistency. Can't wait to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.