Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Are these mature and ready to be picked, or are they nitrogen deficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaVoodoo

Quick responses needed please. I don't live here, and a either going home with primings, or nothing this morning.
The plants are Symbol 4 and harrow Velvet IMG_20150727_071244.jpg
IMG_20150727_071311.jpg
IMG_20150727_071334.jpg

Thank you

ChinaVoodoo

A done for the day. I appreciate the advice guys. I picked starting at the bottom, and when I got to a level where they were less snappy like JBD says, and or less yellow I stopped, and moved into the next plant.
IMG_20150727_132626.jpg

DGBAMA

Nice setup.

Most of those plants look like they hadn't been topped yet? The lower leaves do look ready though. Probably 4-5 per plant.

ChinaVoodoo

Nice setup.

Most of those plants look like they hadn't been topped yet? The lower leaves do look ready though. Probably 4-5 per plant.

I'd say I picked the flowers off less than half of them, even including today. I guess it holds true what was written in the description of Symbol 4 http://nwtseeds.com/Symbol 4.htm on the Northwood website that it begins to mature before flowering. Aside from being novice, that's why I was confused.

Each full stick has 70 leaves on it. So that's almost 400 leaves there on 40 plants. On one hand, I'm disappointed that the size just didn't get up to the tobaccos' potential, but it's a lot of progress over last year. Besides, that spot was just lawn a couple months ago, and gonna be garage in a couple months.

I'd say I picked 2/3s of the symbol 4 on each plant, and 1/2 of the Harrow Velvet. 9 more varieties to go.

The construction of my curing room is on my grow blog if you haven't seen it yet, but I think most of you have. http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5371-ChinaVoodoo-s-2015-grow-blog

Status
Not open for further replies.