Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Montana grower

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountbaldy

First time baccy farmer
Hi all,
I started growing baccy last year in the Big Sky State. I failed miserably my first go round at the start. They never passed the germination stage. This year I managed to start my seeds early enough and got 15 plants in the ground. I started seed inside under fluorescents in March and planted in early June. They just started flowering this week. I'm growing one sucker and Connecticut broad leaf. Several of my plants receive half shade during the day. They look great though. They are about five feet tall. The Connecticut Leaf is about 16" wide on the best plants some may be wider. I built a fermentation/curing chamber that will handle quite a load of leaf. I also made a temp and humidity control for it.

I ran a homebrew shop for about two years here in Montana. We are very self sufficient and grow a large garden and make all kinds of booze. We also make lots of smoked meat products. Now we are growing our own smoke!

Anyhow, life in Big Sky Country is good!

Cheers,

Joe

charlie G.

Welcome Joe, There are alot of good guys with alot of info on growing your own tobacco on the site. Welcome aboard

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
My first try was just like yours..

But now i kick tail every growing season.

Status
Not open for further replies.