Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

toasted my first virgina leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringanator

1438455382711.jpg

So after a horiable grow year I finally got some of my baccy colour cured so I took 6 leaves and soaked them in a honey water mix to bring them to high case and toasted them at 165 for 25 min then steamed the bone dry leaves to med case removed center vein and shreded rolled it and smoked it much better the the fresh grass flavored color cured stuff i tried befor lol

DGBAMA

The "grassy" flavor/aroma is the rawness of unaged baccy. It will go away with time, or 30 days in a kiln.

ChinaVoodoo

I'm rather surprised you already have tobacco to smoke. I just hung up the first priming of only 20% of my plants this last week.

ringanator

Well my first primeing was kind of taken care of mother nature 3 week ago with 80 km wind for 3 days which busted off most mud lugs lol I did my first true priming last week as well of ripe leaf and another round today probably about 30% of the plants leaf is hanging now. I figure 2 or 3 more by the end Of Aug and my season will be done.

ChinaVoodoo

Well my first primeing was kind of taken care of mother nature 3 week ago with 80 km wind for 3 days which busted off most mud lugs lol I did my first true priming last week as well of ripe leaf and another round today probably about 30% of the plants leaf is hanging now. I figure 2 or 3 more by the end Of Aug and my season will be done.

Oh, that sounds good then. The rest of your tobacco still has lots of opportunity to grow. Yeah, that stormy week was brutal. I think if I hadn't planted in amongst greenhouses, buildings and fences, it would have been disastrous. We did lots of staking before-hand. I had hail at my house a week and a bit ago, but it didn't hit the tobacco plants at my friends house 20 blocks away, or out in Devon, thank God. But a few of my Pergeu Brazil plants and Bursa plants are full of holes. I'm sure they'll taste the same, but it's funny how weather gives and takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.