Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bezuki vs Habano 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperReformanda

When I first got my Bezuki, I thought it to be quite fragile compared to the other tobaccos I have used thus far. It is in fact a durable wrapper.
What I really like about it is that the veins in the leaves are very small, which helps w/ the presentation of the cigar.

For those of you who have used both the Bezuki and the Habano 2K; Which do you prefer and why.
Also, are the veins in the Habano 2K small are are they prominent?

Thanks.

p.s. I spent about 5 hours prepping leaf, pressing etc. I produced 21 decent looking smokes. I had been having problems prior to this session in getting the right amount in the ends on my bunches; rolling was too loose also.
This batch was much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

SemperReformanda

The Bezuki I got has a green tinge to it. Looks nothing like your wrapper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason

In my opinion, bezuki cigarellos are the cats ass. Habano takes the cake as the best cigar wrapper because of its complexity and inspiring flavor. Bezuki = cigarellos, habano = cigars.

Jason

webmost

Bezuki I have tried was too toothy for me.
Habano wins out for me because I love the aroma under my nose as the ember warms it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer Indo as a wrapper...
There are many different, quite distinct wrappers grown in Indonesia (e.g. Deli Sumatra, TBN, VBN, Besuki, Timor). I have personally sampled (thanks to FmGrowit) well over a dozen Indonesian wrapper varieties. A discussion: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/606-Indonesian-Tobacco-a-discussion

In my opinion, bezuki cigarellos are the cats ass.
Now, is a cat's ass something that we should be seeking or avoiding?

Bob

webmost

Now, is a cat's ass something that we should be seeking or avoiding?

You can't really know, Bob, until you suck on one.

The other thing about Bezuki is it doesn't smell as good when you are wrapping with it. You get your Habano nice and damp, you have that wonderful habano aroma on your hands. You get your bazooka damp, it smells like mulch.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm.

From the UrbanDictionary.com
Cat's Ass: "A person,thing or event to be held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes on its hindquarters." [Not sure if I trust this wobbly dictionary, given the poor copy-editing: no space after "person,"; "bestows" misspelled.]

From the Antique Automobile Club of America http://local.aaca.org/ [a natural, go-to site for definitions related to felines]
"Cat's Meow - Something splendid or stylish; similar to bee's knees; The best or greatest, wonderful. Cat's Pajamas - Same as cat's meow."

To start with, I don't like cats. I consider them to be domestic vermin. They always smell bad. They walk in their urine and feces, and are then considered "clean", because they lick it off. I'm not sure why the cloying meow of a cat might be considered something favorable. Even less so for a cat's anus.

I'm a native speaker of English, but "cat's pajamas" registers no meaning whatsoever. Is it an allusion to some children's literature that I've missed?

I find "bee's knees" unobjectionable, but also devoid of any sensible meaning. Nice alliteration.

My son uses the expression, "It's the shit." This is supposed to be a good thing.

I'm too old. I realize that most descriptions of tobacco and cigars are total confabulation: chocolate, cream, leather, wood. But at least they reference characteristics that offer some modicum of attraction. (We do say, "earthy," even though the dominant aroma of moist earth derives from the fungi it contains.)

Habana: A backward, decaying city in which no tobacco is grown.

Besuki: A province in East Java in which tobacco is actually cultivated.

Bob

Smokin Harley

When I first got my Bezuki, I thought it to be quite fragile compared to the other tobaccos I have used thus far. It is in fact a durable wrapper.
What I really like about it is that the veins in the leaves are very small, which helps w/ the presentation of the cigar.

For those of you who have used both the Bezuki and the Habano 2K; Which do you prefer and why.
Also, are the veins in the Habano 2K small are are they prominent?

Thanks.

p.s. I spent about 5 hours prepping leaf, pressing etc. I produced 21 decent looking smokes. I had been having problems prior to this session in getting the right amount in the ends on my bunches; rolling was too loose also.
This batch was much better.
Currently my favorite wrapper is Ecuador Maduro...its a stretchy strong wrapper that lays nice. Very easily handled and fairly even color that once let to age grows oilier and richer in color. Adds a nice mouth flavor as well.

Ben Brand

Bob I`m shocked. I love cats, have 6 of them, never seen my cats walk in their own feces or urine, and my cats definitely don`t smell, my dogs do. Personally I think a cats are more intelligent than dogs, and cleaner. But that`s life, we beg to differ.

waikikigun

There are many different, quite distinct wrappers grown in Indonesia (e.g. Deli Sumatra, TBN, VBN, Besuki, Timor). I have personally sampled (thanks to FmGrowit) well over a dozen Indonesian wrapper varieties. A discussion: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/606-Indonesian-Tobacco-a-discussion

Bob

Thanks for the link.

To be more clear, since I don't grow, when I refer here to a tobacco by some name I am referring typically to something available for purchase at WLT.

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Bezuki-Cigar-Wrapper-BZKWrap.htm

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Sumatra-Cigar-Binder-SmtrBinder.htm (I have used this as a wrapper as well as binder)

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Habano-2000-Wrapper-HBN2000.htm

webmost

Bob I`m shocked. I love cats, have 6 of them, never seen my cats walk in their own feces or urine, and my cats definitely don`t smell, my dogs do. Personally I think a cats are more intelligent than dogs, and cleaner. But that`s life, we beg to differ.

The best thing about cats is how they fly.
Especially over water.

It's all in the release... you want to flick your wrist.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Ben,
We agree. Dogs are dirty and smelly and messy and sometimes destructive. But I like dogs. They are stupid enough to be loyal and loving, no matter what. Dogs are the Besuki's knees! Havana's pajamas!

So, what would I be saying, if I said that my homegrown Besuki is a dog? (No particular anatomical zone of a dog. Just generalized dogness.)

Bob

Smokin Harley

Hmmm.

From the UrbanDictionary.com
Cat's Ass: "A person,thing or event to be held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes on its hindquarters." [Not sure if I trust this wobbly dictionary, given the poor copy-editing: no space after "person,"; "bestows" misspelled.]

From the Antique Automobile Club of America http://local.aaca.org/ [a natural, go-to site for definitions related to felines]
"Cat's Meow - Something splendid or stylish; similar to bee's knees; The best or greatest, wonderful. Cat's Pajamas - Same as cat's meow."

To start with, I don't like cats. I consider them to be domestic vermin. They always smell bad. They walk in their urine and feces, and are then considered "clean", because they lick it off. I'm not sure why the cloying meow of a cat might be considered something favorable. Even less so for a cat's anus.

I'm a native speaker of English, but "cat's pajamas" registers no meaning whatsoever. Is it an allusion to some children's literature that I've missed?

I find "bee's knees" unobjectionable, but also devoid of any sensible meaning. Nice alliteration.

My son uses the expression, "It's the shit." This is supposed to be a good thing.

I'm too old. I realize that most descriptions of tobacco and cigars are total confabulation: chocolate, cream, leather, wood. But at least they reference characteristics that offer some modicum of attraction. (We do say, "earthy," even though the dominant aroma of moist earth derives from the fungi it contains.)

Habana: A backward, decaying city in which no tobacco is grown.

Besuki: A province in East Java in which tobacco is actually cultivated.

Bob
How about snazzy.spiffy.or nifty

Ben Brand

I suppose I`m in the minority with my cats???? BUT I do have dogs as well.
You all have a good week end, luckily its a long week end in SA.
Ps- talking about Bezuki, my Bezuki seedling are in turbo mode, outgrowing all the other varieties!!!

waikikigun

I am a cat person. Dog's are awesome too, all animals except flies and mosquitoes are. The unconditional lovingness of dogs is a cool thing to aspire to, but there's something about not giving a shit, i.e. cats, that I can more realistically relate to. Cats are still half wild and fully juvenile. I appreciate all that.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

I like different wrappers with different blends. For example, I prefer Besuki with the Dominican tobaccos, but much prefer the Ecuador Maduro with the Nicaraguan tobaccos. Corojo wrapper and Habano 2000 seem to be a little more forgiving in regards to which combinations of filler they are good with.

Status
Not open for further replies.