Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Use for scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperReformanda

I am sure that this topic has come up somewhere along the lines, but I was unable to see any threads that addressed the issue.
What are your thoughts on cheroots for the scraps? I have made a bunch and smoked one the other day and it was a decent moment.
About 10-15 min's of pleasure.

juan carlos

any suggested links for rolling cheroots? i saw the short filler mat rolling idea for big cigar...i'm in need of a little knowledge on wrapping a small cigar.
one post where the videographer cut a nice straight rectangular binder and rolled it square on then wrapped it immediately seems like an idea, but that was for mid-size, like a corona.
need some technique ideas if this is something you roll

Knucklehead

Founding Member
any suggested links for rolling cheroots? i saw the short filler mat rolling idea for big cigar...i'm in need of a little knowledge on wrapping a small cigar.
one post where the videographer cut a nice straight rectangular binder and rolled it square on then wrapped it immediately seems like an idea, but that was for mid-size, like a corona.
need some technique ideas if this is something you roll

I use a 120mm blunt roller. 4-3/4" long cigars. Easy and nice sized small cigars: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/2859-Rolling-with-scraps-or-making-small-cigars

SemperReformanda

I just roll em by hand....on a few, I didn't even use a binder. These should be considered throw-aways, really. If they smoke and taste descent, you're ahead of the game IMO.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Low case filler, roll the bunch only one turn to make it into a tube shape before inserting wrapper. Rolling more turns will only make it tighter. Try less filler.
My first one was really loose so I began adding slightly more filler each time until I found the sweet spot. If you have trouble finding the right amount by feel, try weighing the filler of each cigar and adding more or less until you find a weight that makes a firm but smokeable cigar. If the filler is in the same case each time, the results should be repeatable.

Another thing that might help is, instead of rolling just one roller, help the other roller along with your fingers. This can help keep the mat from trying to stretch which would tighten the cigar. Helping along the second roller takes some tension out of the bunch.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just roll em by hand....on a few, I didn't even use a binder. These should be considered throw-aways, really. If they smoke and taste descent, you're ahead of the game IMO.

They are too easy to take apart and reuse the filler to be considered throw aways. I get what you are saying though.

webmost

About to fire up a scrappowoc perfecto right now. Some are dumb, but some are yum. It's a crapshoot.

juan carlos

i did a few small ones. I used 1 leaf dominican seco and 1/2 leaf vincente ligaro as filler.

used a vincente seco as a binder, and made the first 3 (from the right) as a square cut roll up and then wrapped in a CT leaf. that was hard.

then i started making them as i would a larger cigar and it went smoother, with a san vincente seco as a binder. wrapped those in an Ecuador maduro.

the last two on the left i just used up what i had left, and had a couple of really nice leaf halfs of san vincente seco so i got them hydrated and wrapped with them...they ended up a bit bigger... but i like the size!

Attachments

• IMG_0502 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0502 - Copy.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.