Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First order from WLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kullas

Just made my first order. I sprang for the Terroso Profundo blend because it comes close to the tobacco im going to plant next year. Any reviews or words on this Blend?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The Terroso Profundo blend contains: Copy and Paste from the WLT site:

"Terroso Profundo is a spicy wrapper, darkly nutty binder and flavorful filler blend make medium to full bodied Caribbean-style cigars.

The finished product will yield a mild to medium strength cigar. The kit includes

Corojo Wrapper
Dominican Cigar Binder
Corojo 99 Seco
Criollo 98 Ligero"

The kit contains some very nice, popular tobaccos. I purchased each a lb. at a time so I don't know what the proportions of each of the fillers is in the kit (I started buying before Don offered the kits). I'm guessing twice as much Seco as Ligero. A blend containing 2 parts Seco to 1 part Ligero, or 2 parts Seco to 1/2 part Ligero, should make a very nice cigar. For fuller flavor, add more Ligero. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

Another tip: There will be some wrapper quality leaves hiding among your filler leaves. Search through and pull those out to use as wrapper. You'll have more blending opportunities from the same kit.

TravisNTexas

I know I'm waking up an old thread, but Kullas, how did you roll the Terroso Profundo? Best I can tell, the intended blend is 3 parts Seco to one part Ligero, but am curious what you did and how you liked it. Did you use a single half leave binder or did you double it? Etc.

kullas

I used a leaf and a half of the seco and half a leaf of the ligero. and i used a double binder. I liked this blend. i really liked the sticks after they set for about 2 weeks and also liked the couple i let sit in coffee beans for a couple weeks. It had a subtle taste of coffee but this blend i think was a little bold to take up much of the coffee. The wrapper had a good taste but it did not want to burn which i did not like. but i think when i wrapped it i used a strip of wrapper that was to wide and the wrapper came out to thick to burn. the last ones i wrapped i used a strip about2 inches and had about 1/2" overlap. it helped with the burn. The double binder helped with the firmness of the stick plus it tastes good.

TravisNTexas

I used a leaf and a half of the seco and half a leaf of the ligero. and i used a double binder. ... the last ones i wrapped i used a strip about2 inches and had about 1/2" overlap. it helped with the burn.

Thanks for that Kullas. I did not get to roll the Terroso Profundo last night after all because of a dog/vet emergency. And it's not even my dog!

What size cigars do you end up with using the amounts above?

kullas

I have a 52 rg mold and I aim for a 5 3/4" long cigar. Depending on the leaf size sometimes I add a little more seco to fill the mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.