Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

puckwudgies

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Don't have a better name for these quickies, so I'll go ahead and call them puckwudgies, like Lew and AZD suggested.
puckwudgie20150823.jpg

Last night, I rolled one of these quickies out of two big leaves habano seco with half a small leaf piloto seco for sweetness, habano binder, habano wrapper. Holy crappanoly! What a great cigar! I put that nub fork FirstWarrior gave me to good use on that stick, I can tell you. Burnt my stache.

Only thing: These puckwudgies are rolled from baccy right straight out of Don's bag, with no dampening or pre-prep at all. I never have troubles binding or wrapping with habano when making perfectos with a mold. When I do that, I dampen the leaf and lay it on a wet board. But when I use habano 2000 wrapper straight from Don's bag, the stuff is so delicate that it busts open when I get to rolling it smooth on the board. So this one, I used Dom binder to firm it up. Then I was careful not to roll it afterwards under the chavetta. Still had probs trying to keep the habano intact. This afternoon, when I get back from handball, I'll see what it tastes like. I'd try that corojo wrapper, cause that's so strong it's perfect for a puckwudgie. But the flavor would screw with my habano thing, I think.

Is there a stronger habano straight from the bag that I could use to clothe my hab-puck?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Is there a stronger habano straight from the bag that I could use to clothe my hab-puck?

Try a true habano puro. Find a habano filler leaf of wrapper quality and give that a try.
If you're looking for strong, try the Nic habano Viso.

webmost

No, the nic hab seco I have is just as delicate as the wrapper... and it tastes as strong as I want.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
No, the nic hab seco I have is just as delicate as the wrapper... and it tastes as strong as I want.

Ah. I was thinking taste strength. You're asking about stretching strength? Do you have any Ecuador Maduro?

webmost

Ah. I was thinking taste strength. You're asking about stretching strength? Do you have any Ecuador Maduro?

Yep, I'm talking about enough physical strength to bind and roll straight from the bag puckwudgie style, then be able to roll round on the board without bursting the stick.

webmost

puckwudgie20150824.jpg

This unsightly puckwudgie came out a tad tight. I used corojo wrapper as the binder. Trying to find something useful to do with this wrapper... which resists burn... not having much success. In this test, I just sliced off a strip from the outer edge, the way you would do a wrapper, and bound with that. This wrapper may not be my thing -- not even as binder. Burnt somewhat better this way. But the flavor went all tarry on me half way down.

If I can't figure out some way to enjoy San V seco and/or Corojo wrapper, then I may have to send it to someone.

Why do some bends go all tarry and sour halfway?

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.