Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

found this manual shredder on ebay just now...just paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
These are fairly common. They are made of Aluminum. Someone on this forum had purchased a few. He said they start wearing out rather quickly but that you can get about 40 lbs of leaf shredded before you have to throw it away. I believe the cut is 1.0mm (but not sure). I'm happy with my 1.6mm Polish shredder ( and my .8mm too). It will definitely last several life times!

Edit: Here is the link, look at post #98 http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/4818-Newest-manual-shredder-almost-ready-for-prime-time/page10

chuditch

I bought one of those and totally unimpressed.

Like Jitterbugdude I got one of the Polish ones and happy with that.

Its made of steel not aluminium and has bearings

Alpine

chuditch

Personally I would say don't do it. Put the money you intend to spend on the cheapo and get that one from Poland that JBD and myself got.
I think I might have gotten a kg through the cheapo one and it looked just like the one you have listed the address to.
The one I have from Poland will probably outlast me but then again I am 62.
I was nothing but disappointed in the cheapo and I tried various remedies to get it working better and finaly just gave up.
The guy in Poland will make the cutter to what ever size you want. I have a 0.8 and I think JBD has the same and has organised himself a wider shred for his pipe.
If I am not mistaken I think JBD has even organised his that he can drive it with an electric drill?
I just wind mine and put the leaves in with the other hand is even quicker if I am winding and the wife feeds in the leaf.
It is just so frustrating when the cheapo doesn't work trust me on that.
And the one from Poland will be cheaper for you than for me as way closer to you so a big saving on postage'
Thanks the replies, i read the whole forum quoted by Jbd! That Trezo Made in poland seems very well made, but the price is a little scaring for a newbie like me... I will only have 3 kgs of tobacco to shred this year, think i'll go with an El Cheapo thing like this:
http://www.hojastabaco.com/es/product/5017307-maquina-cortar-mc-0-8mms-acero#.VeJpjcBdac0
it seems to have the cutters made of steel

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Alpine

Sorry JBD it's Dreamsoul from Portugal that owns a Trezo... My mistake! Anyway, reading your posts seems that you have made much research on the argument, so i'd like to read your opinion (and the ones of all the other members of course!)
Pier

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member

Alpine

Diggin' in the forum i found the manufacturer's own site, they sell the same machine for 25€ less. Seems that those polish guys are leading the path in making tobacco shredders (Trezo, Gabej, lukimatis...)
I'll go for the Trezo 100 0.8 mm cut width, and will tell you if i can hook an electric screedriver. Decided for this because of the great reviews from Rainmax and others on the forum which I trust
Have a nice day!
Pier

chuditch

Alpine I would recommend that one over the other type you posted the Chinese ones you posted the link to before.

It is the old you get what you pay for and I know I am happy with the dearer type the JBD and I have but this one has to be a a better option than those cheap nasty ones.

Same site, found this one:

http://www.hojastabaco.com/en/product/5073301-cutting-machine-trezo-100-0-8mms#.VeLSdKldac0

Seems to be a good compromise between the polish machine and the chinese stuff...
JBD you own a much advanced machine but same brand, what do you think? 200€ for the polish is toooo much for me...
Cheers
Pier

Alpine

Thanks Andrew, that's the Gabej G120, a wonderful piece of engineering but a bit pricey for my pockets... More over, according to Rainmax, the "guts" of Gabej machines are made by the Trezo company, i'll go for a Trezo 100 and let the members know how it works as soon as i'll have it.
Cheers mate!
Pier

Status
Not open for further replies.