Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Plume on delivered leaf or concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAGraphics

Hello all!

New to rolling but not cigars. Just got my second batch of fresh leaf and my binder seems to have a gritty feel to some of the leaves. It looks like salt and leaves grit behind as I'm getting it ready to roll.

My question is, have any of you ever received their new hands with plume or is this something different I should be worried about?

Thanks!

Bruce

ChinaVoodoo

I've definitely had plume. Many of the tobaccos I've received were well aged. The San Andreas for example. The only mold (which is to be expected) is on the stems of some of the dark air cured, but I simply destemmed the package and threw it in the kiln. Not a problem.

BAGraphics

image.jpg
which leaf variety is it?

I did also have some mold on the stem. Ended up trimming the stems off and tried a plumed leaf for a quick smoke. The ash left some really nice "salt" that put my concerns to rest.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I did also have some mold on the stem. Ended up trimming the stems off and tried a plumed leaf for a quick smoke. The ash left some really nice "salt" that put my concerns to rest.

Thanks!

The owner of this forum also owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com. Please don't advertise for his competition. If you haven't tried leaf from WLT, it is the best leaf on the market.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The tiny bumpiness on the surface of the leaf, as well as the bumps seen on the surface of the ash are a characteristic of certain varieties of leaf, and know as "tooth." It's common on Sumatra types (including Cameroon), other Indonesian types, as well as some other wrapper varieties.

Cigar_ToothyWrapper20120227_054_400px.jpg

Toothiness on Indonesian VBN wrapper.

Bob

BAGraphics

The owner of this forum also owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com. Please don't advertise for his competition. If you haven't tried leaf from WLT, it is the best leaf on the market.

Sorry about that. My my first batch of leaf is from WLT and I love it. I was just answering the question asked of me so I could get an educated/informed answer.

I will make sure to keep that in mind in the future as I really like the discussions on this forum and do not wish to cause problems.

Bruce

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Sorry about that. My my first batch of leaf is from WLT and I love it. I was just answering the question asked of me so I could get an educated/informed answer.

I will make sure to keep that in mind in the future as I really like the discussions on this forum and do not wish to cause problems.

Bruce

It was just a little suspicious that you didn't come right out with the password. ;) Sometimes that other crowd comes over and we have to beat them back with green tobacco stalks. Welcome to FTT.

Smokin Harley

may the competitions leaf be infested with horn worms ,aphids and blue mold ... (Smokin Harley making voodoo'ish hand gestures )

BAGraphics

It was just a little suspicious that you didn't come right out with the password. ;) Sometimes that other crowd comes over and we have to beat them back with green tobacco stalks. Welcome to FTT.

LOL.... But I did give the password! I guess no one saw me hold my fingers up in the secret symbols!!!!

thanks for the welcome

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.