Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anyone interest in used/vintage rolling boards, bunching machines, tuck cutters, molds etc?

BAGraphics

So,

i am am meeting with someone this weekend that used to own a cigar manufacturing company for MANY years that did all hand rolling for most of its existence. I am going to buy out his molds and other well used tools and was wondering if anyone here was interested in acquiring beautiful, used and very usable vintage rolling boards with tuck cutters, rolling (bunching) machines, knives, cigar racks and the like. I would most likely NOT put them on eBay but only offer them here at reasonable prices to be used and not just hung on a wall.

Would there be any interest?

Bruce.

waikikigun

Yeah I'd be super interested, thanks for the opportunity.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Not interested but do you know on what street he was located? My BIL lives on Lombard Street about 2 blocks from Patterson Park. About a block from his house is an old cigar factory. It still has the big sign in place outside (3rd story up).

BAGraphics

Not interested but do you know on what street he was located? My BIL lives on Lombard Street about 2 blocks from Patterson Park. About a block from his house is an old cigar factory. It still has the big sign in place outside (3rd story up).

The factory I'm getting my stuff from is now a parking lot so I don't think it's the same one.

kullas

May be interested in a cutter or board or both depending on price

BAGraphics

The big ticket items that he seems to have are a few machine rolling bunchers, if they are in working condition I may grab all he has so is there an interest in models that need to be mounted in a table top? I just spoke with hi and he has gathered together all of the above mentioned items but he says he is still looking for his boxes of knives, the ones with handles and not chavetas.

So excited to see what he has...

Jtravis

Would love to purchase any of those. I'm in need of a board and tuck cutter. Possibly a new mold too

Smokin Harley

can you see if he has any of the adjustable wooden racks that the roller would have on top of his rolling table , place the finished cigars prior to going into the box...drying rack but serves as a quantity gauge before boxing. It would have wooden construction, most likely outward angled sides that adjust for width . The cigars as finished would be placed in it and a ribbon could be wrapped around the "wheel " of cigars.

BAGraphics

Smokin, he had one of those as well as a few others that were not adjustable. As far as cutting boards go he had a bunch in fair to good condition as well as some in need of care tuck cutters. The boards with the tuck cutters that we were able to access went right away to those I was with and my girlfriend got one of them. He is looking for more for me.

I did get my hands on some beautiful unused 20 slot molds that I will photograph and measure tomorrow when I unload them. One thing he had a number of, that I can get more of are drying rack/presses with12 shelves that are used for drying as well as pressing flat. If loaded from side to side with no gaps will make a rectangle or with space will make an oval. I can get my hands on about a dozen of them if interested.

I grabbed one of a few crook molds he had so I can make some culebras. He also has many molds that are in fair to good condition but all are smaller gauge and at most 6 inches.

i had just so much cash with me on this scouting mission but I will upload picks and let you know what I can get him to dig up for me for next trip. He also had small glue discs and a glue pot that I need to get for myself but ran out of cash. He had one buncher in full working order and one in need of a handle and to have its belt put back on.

MarcL

Oh my god! I am freaking out! NO PIX! Is there limited access to his stuff? glue discs and pots? ...What are things costing? ...The suspense is tangible.

Crook molds make crook cigars not culebras.

Smokin Harley

Smokin, he had one of those as well as a few others that were not adjustable. As far as cutting boards go he had a bunch in fair to good condition as well as some in need of care tuck cutters. The boards with the tuck cutters that we were able to access went right away to those I was with and my girlfriend got one of them. He is looking for more for me.

I did get my hands on some beautiful unused 20 slot molds that I will photograph and measure tomorrow when I unload them. One thing he had a number of, that I can get more of are drying rack/presses with12 shelves that are used for drying as well as pressing flat. If loaded from side to side with no gaps will make a rectangle or with space will make an oval. I can get my hands on about a dozen of them if interested.

I grabbed one of a few crook molds he had so I can make some culebras. He also has many molds that are in fair to good condition but all are smaller gauge and at most 6 inches.

i had just so much cash with me on this scouting mission but I will upload picks and let you know what I can get him to dig up for me for next trip. He also had small glue discs and a glue pot that I need to get for myself but ran out of cash. He had one buncher in full working order and one in need of a handle and to have its belt put back on.
Id still be interested even if its not adjustable. Thank you