Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Broken Gabej G120 based in the UK, can anyone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescornwall

It looks like you need enginnering skills, its fantastic the way the blokes doe this but I just dont have his technical know how unfortunately

I think you'd be better off buying a manual shredder from Poland and adding an electric drill to it. Read through this thread it has an automatic and manual shredder in it. The manual goes for about 170 Euros (If I remember correctly). The problem with the Gabej and Powermatic is they use gear motors and that seems to be the most common point of failure.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5868-My-new-Industrial-Shredder!/page2?highlight=polish+shredder

jamescornwall

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You could use a 12V cordless or a corded. You would need to buy a threaded screw. I could look up what I bought if you want, probably something like M6 or M8 for a bolt size.
I'm not sure how the Pound vs the Euro is doing but the Dollar has been sucking.

jamescornwall

You could use a 12V cordless or a corded. You would need to buy a threaded screw. I could look up what I bought if you want, probably something like M6 or M8 for a bolt size.
I'm not sure how the Pound vs the Euro is doing but the Dollar has been sucking.

I would be grateful as no idea what a threaded screw is. Sorry to be a pain

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
That will probably work but I know nothing about the quality. The Polish shredders are made from very thick steel and aluminum and have bearing in them. The combs are stainless steel. I suspect that the saying is true... You get what you pay for. Not saying the shredder in the link is no good. Just that the price is pretty cheap so there probably quite a few corners shaved in order to sell it so cheap.

jamescornwall

Cheers Jitterbugdude

I emailed tobaccoandmachines.com and said

Pawel I have only ever put about 20lbs of leaf through the machine. Always manual use so I'm not keen on paying you guys another 220 for another machine man!
Some one on the tobacco forums suggested this machine. It's about 80/euros cheaper.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/331655474262?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&_mwBanner=1
Can you not help me out with a much much better price and I will send you my machine. Surely you can refurb it and sell it
Thanks

Pawels reply was:

Hello
Machine form Your link is not even half as good as g120 and its not 80 € cheaper price from this link with postage will be similar to g120 . believe me . I have even better :http://www.tobaccoandmachines.com/index.php?s=produkt&id=41 with better price .
But - We dont sell used machines and I dont know how long you have Your machine because it was not bought in my shop . I can send spare parts as i said before all rollers and combs but bearings may be damaged as well -
Did You ask in shop , where You bought this machine ?
Thank You
Pawel

That will probably work but I know nothing about the quality. The Polish shredders are made from very thick steel and aluminum and have bearing in them. The combs are stainless steel. I suspect that the saying is true... You get what you pay for. Not saying the shredder in the link is no good. Just that the price is pretty cheap so there probably quite a few corners shaved in order to sell it so cheap.

andrew_b

Hi James. I've got a G100 and a G120 both bought from Pawel at Tobaccoandmachines and they're both good shredders. The G120 is extremely well built and engineered and I would think that the only way to break it is with forcing overly moist tobacco through it, or too many leaves at once. You really need to get that handle back if you want any chance of ever using it again because it's tailor made for the machine and it's what makes it so easy to shred with due to its comparitively large size. Pawel is a good guy to do business with and I would certainly take his advice bro as he knows what he's talking about.

jamescornwall

Hi James. I've got a G100 and a G120 both bought from Pawel at Tobaccoandmachines and they're both good shredders. The G120 is extremely well built and engineered and I would think that the only way to break it is with forcing overly moist tobacco through it, or too many leaves at once. You really need to get that handle back if you want any chance of ever using it again because it's tailor made for the machine and it's what makes it so easy to shred with due to its comparitively large size. Pawel is a good guy to do business with and I would certainly take his advice bro as he knows what he's talking about.

He said the new G120 is out in about 2 weeks which I will get. Do you have the contact details for gabej pls as I will get my broke one sorted too me thinks.

Thanks

Bex

Just curious, how much tobacco do you need to shred at one time - a week's worth for smoking, or a lot more?

Bex

Eck, I'm American and have to convert - so 1/2 to 1 pound at a time. So, a lot more than I do at one sitting. I normally do a week's worth - about 4 ounces - a little over 100 grams - at a sitting. I could do more, (without getting tired, as my shredder is manual) but I find that doing a week's worth is enough for me. I use a Teck 1 - it takes me about 1/2 hour to do the entire process - weighing my tobacco out, rolling the leaves for shredding, doing the shredding and putting all away. But I find this a bit of a labor of love, and somewhat relaxing as well, considering the fact that I am using a 100 year old machine to do this. I originally was using a coffee grinder - but do not like the effect that the flake gives in a cigarette. But I suppose if I was doing pounds at a time, I wouldn't want to indulge in the manual labor of the Teck 1.....

burge

I do about a pound to age it a bit while shredded mind you I have the powermatic shredder now. I compress mine and it is yummy If I could I would shred it all comoress it dry it remoisten it dry it remoisten it again. I smoke the lemon and this past order got dsome flue cured Remember when you are shredding tobacco the sticks and stems add flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.