Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Broken Gabej G120 based in the UK, can anyone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescornwall

Good morning

I have one of these machines http://www.tobaccoandmachines.com/index.php?s=produkt&id=51

I did actually buy it from Pureleaf, I tried to contact them this morning but their website is offline, not sure if they are still trading

and I gave it to a friend to sort out as the combs were very stiff any way weeks later he returned it to me without the nuts that attach the cutting combs and and without the handle to actually turn the thing which he has lost.

Is there anybody I can send this too please that you could repair for a fee please, I just cant afford another cutter and have been using a pasta machine which I have had enough of.

Thanks

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
What are the symptoms? It looks like a pretty straight forward design. Rollers that cut the leaf and combs that clear the debris out of the rollers cutting area. It might be as simple as replacing the combs.

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
How long have you had it? Call or email Gabej customer support, they may fix it for free aside from the lost parts and shipping. At minimum, they can offer free, experienced advise and sell you the replacement handle and nuts. When you have the parts one of us can walk you through cleaning and repair. Take plenty of photos as you take it apart for reference.
Telephone: +48-881-316-318
E-mail: info@tobaccoandmachines.com

jamescornwall

I have head it about 18 months ish but prob only used it for six and because I am not mechanicaly minded I didnt know anything about the actual machine, I just used to push leaf through it and when it was dry I didnt know how to rehydrate the leaf etc etc

Now what i do is spray the leaf each side with a spray mist bottle then put it flat inside a carrier bag and put in fridge for half hour then put it through the pasta machine lol.

I really appreciate you responding to my posts and taking the time to help, Thanks very much

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have head it about 18 months ish but prob only used it for six and because I am not mechanicaly minded I didnt know anything about the actual machine, I just used to push leaf through it and when it was dry I didnt know how to rehydrate the leaf etc etc

Now what i do is spray the leaf each side with a spray mist bottle then put it flat inside a carrier bag and put in fridge for half hour then put it through the pasta machine lol.

I really appreciate you responding to my posts and taking the time to help, Thanks very much

Your leaf may be too moist, which will gum up the combs. Members here have cleared jams with beer in the electric Powermatic machines. That may work on yours, or something like alcohol could also do the job. (Use something food grade, for example I would not try paint thinner) Include that question in your email requesting a price on a new handle. The factory will have encountered nearly every problem possible with the machine and will have worked out ways to fix it or get around it.
What were the symptoms that prompted you to have your friend try to fix it?

jamescornwall

Hiya its.I'm bits at the moment mate. No handle and no screws for the cutting combs. Lost by.a friend.

The rollers became very stiff and was.unable to turn effectively. The instructions said to clean rollers with olive oil. Which worked very temporary.

Cheers

jamescornwall

Hi knucklehead there reply was

It looks like rollers need to be re*placed as well - I cant tell from th*is picture . Rollers and combs 85 €* . p*ostage at least 25 € one direction .* So about 140 € total costs . And if som*eone used electric drill maybe* bear*ings are broken as well . New machine I * can make about 220 delivered unused.*
Im going to Dortmund tobacco exhibi*tion so there will be no answer from* me till MOnday .* Please let me know if* You still wish to send machine to m*e - I cant guarantee if it will work pro*perly because it looks heavy used .

Regards *
* Pawel

jamescornwall

No mate not at all. It's prob had no more than 25lbs through it
How long have you had it? Call or email Gabej customer support, they may fix it for free aside from the lost parts and shipping. At minimum, they can offer free, experienced advise and sell you the replacement handle and nuts. When you have the parts one of us can walk you through cleaning and repair. Take plenty of photos as you take it apart for reference.
Telephone: +48-881-316-318
E-mail: info@tobaccoandmachines.com

Just out of curiosity is it "heavily used"?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
So he wants 220 Euros for a new one it seems. Wouldn't it be better to get a power matic shredder

I think you'd be better off buying a manual shredder from Poland and adding an electric drill to it. Read through this thread it has an automatic and manual shredder in it. The manual goes for about 170 Euros (If I remember correctly). The problem with the Gabej and Powermatic is they use gear motors and that seems to be the most common point of failure.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5868-My-new-Industrial-Shredder!/page2?highlight=polish+shredder

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think you'd be better off buying a manual shredder from Poland and adding an electric drill to it. Read through this thread it has an automatic and manual shredder in it. The manual goes for about 170 Euros (If I remember correctly). The problem with the Gabej and Powermatic is they use gear motors and that seems to be the most common point of failure.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/5868-My-new-Industrial-Shredder!/page2?highlight=polish+shredder

If you do have to purchase new, the shredder JBD owns is the toughest one I have seen. It is built like a British Churchill tank.

jamescornwall

That machine looks great. The problem I have is I dont have the engineering ability as the chap who modified his.

Shame though

Status
Not open for further replies.