Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

has Anyone Seen This gadjit Yet - shuriken cigar cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie G.

I was looking at a few cigar videos on Youtube and came across a video on this new cutter. Not sure this gadget will work anywhere near as good as a cut cap.
I really don't think so.

https://youtu.be/fkfmyd3Ltbk

I think they go for around $19. to $34. I'll still stick with the cutter gift Don gave away before.

Smokin Harley

Re: has Anyone Seen This gadjit Yet

i prefer a nice cap cutter myself...I've tried a plug cutter or punch, tried the v-cutter, and slots just don't do it for me.

charlie G.

Re: has Anyone Seen This gadjit Yet

Daddy the reviewer seemed to have the results I thought the cutter would produce. When I saw it I just saw another new gimmick to make money off something.
I think the old guillotine cutters are the best. Then again I've never tried a v cutter.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with slashes and punctures as a method for opening a cigar head is that they create a venturi at the cut that will accumulate tars from the smoke. This is common with machine pre-opened cigars. So I would dismiss the shuriken cutter as poor solution to a need already filled by better devices.

I find that a guillotine cut is great on a very solid, large gauge cigar, especially if the rolling is a bit tight. In the tightest instances, I use a guillotine cut at an angle, to increase the total flow area.

For small gauge cigars, and especially for mixed filler cigars, a V cutter allows a generous draw, avoids the venturi/tar problem, and maintains the head structure better, for retaining mixed filler. V cutters are becoming difficult to find.

All that having been said (mostly about store boughten, factory cigars), I nearly always cut my home-rolled cigars with a guillotine cutter, or even with the chaveta (actually my kulu blade) as I finish rolling.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.