Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Got my pistol back from the gun smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Pete

Got a pistol a while back and come to find out my eyes kind of suck now that I am getting older. So off she went to the gun smith for some modifications. I had a Tijicon RMR red dot sight installed. It's going to take a little practice to get used to using it but so far I really like it.

Pete

2015-09-11 16.46.09.jpg2015-09-11 16.46.34.jpg

Last edited:

Brown Thumb

Thanks for reminding me. I got to sight my crossbow in.
My doctor has been telling me Im legally blind for 5 yrs now.
I might want to get some Glasses this year.

DIY Pete

Thanks for reminding me. I got to sight my crossbow in.
My doctor has been telling me Im legally blind for 5 yrs now.
I might want to get some Glasses this year.

I need bifocals so I can see my sights or the target but not both like I used to.

Can the sight take the shock of being mounted directly to the slide?

No problem. It was designed specifically to take the abuse. It's been on the market for years and has gone through extensive field use by the military and law enforcement. I think in the not too distant future they will be very common on pistols. It is an always on unit and the battery is good for a year. It's not really needed for home defense type use where you just want to hit center mass at fairly close range. I hope I never have to use it for that reason. With the red dot I will be able to shoot bulls eye league this winter. In league they use a three inch target at 50 foot.

For the record I am going to get my a$$ handed to me in league this winter. It's been a lot (25) of years since I have shot and I am a lot more than rusty. I need some serious range time to get back to half way decent.

Pete

Raodwarior

Nice setup but if you shoot on a regular basis we found that set up on an IPSC modified class gun the sight did not hold up very well. I am told by a couple of other GM's I just emailed that they made some modifications to it but they are still quite wary. If your using it in open class I would recommend going with a c-more with a side mount.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
aaahhhhhh the gun range,,,,

i have a good time everytime i go,,, WITH MY BLACK POWDER RIFLE...

everyone is shooting these pea-guns,,,,,,, then i let loose with the cannon.

it happens everytime, when that thing goes off.. everyone looks to see what the hell was that!!!!!!!

..............................................................................................................

a guy works in our office. that has a concealed carry permit, and he carrys a gun that looks just like yours, and if he's awake that gun is on his hip

DIY Pete

Nice setup but if you shoot on a regular basis we found that set up on an IPSC modified class gun the sight did not hold up very well. I am told by a couple of other GM's I just emailed that they made some modifications to it but they are still quite wary. If your using it in open class I would recommend going with a c-more with a side mount.

Good to know. I plan on a lot of range time over the next few months so I can refine my abilities. I will let you know how the sight holds up.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.