Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is there a easy way to lower case in damp filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Warrior

I was rolling a few cigars this morning and noticed that one of the leaves in my filler mix seemed a bit damp. The leaf didn't have the crunch that the other leafs had.I went ahead and binded the cigars . I'm going to roll up the binded cigars in newspaper over night before wrapping them tomorrow. I hope this will pull some of the moisture out. Anybody know down and dirty way of dropping the humidity in filler leaves?

MarcL

You have the right idea. we have to ad water to get them into shape and, it's best to let some escape before the wrapper. in the mold, wrapped in paper, out in the air. Over night or a couple of hours will do it. It will take longer with the wrappers on so it's best to do it before. Or even a strip of paper towel under the news paper too. you may also want to re-apply a dry paper once or twice.

waikikigun

If you want it more dry before you bunch, just hang it out in the air somewhere.

If you want it more dry before you wrap, leave the bunch in the mold for a few days, or however long. This may not be fast or even down and dirty, but it totally works.

Gdaddy

If you want it more dry before you bunch, just hang it out in the air somewhere.

This. ^^^^^^

Couldn't be easier. Lay it out until it feels right. Doesn't take long. I like to hear and feel the dryness without cracking.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Gdaddy said:

This. ^^^^^^

Couldn't be easier. Lay it out until it feels right. Doesn't take long. I like to hear and feel the dryness without cracking.
I also agree. Don't bunch a cigar with filler that is in too high a case. If you've already bunched it, just un-bunch it, and allow the filler to reach a more appropriate state of moisture.

This is not a sudden, unexpected, accidental event that requires a clever remedy.

Bob

ras_oscar

It doesn't take long for cigar leaf to dry in the open air. (particularly in the northeast in winter with the forced hot air heat going :) ) Leave the leaf on the table in a single layer and go have a snack, or dinner, or a drink. Check in 1-2 hours.For example, I case my binders fairly high and mold 24 hours, because I like to wrap in a second session, The binder pigtail ends that stick out the end of the plastic mold are dry and crunchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.