Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What you do with your stems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

waste not, want not. I am new here so I don't really know if you guys are just throwing them out but you really don't have to. Your leaf stems have been part of hard work the whole time and are loaded with nicotine and flavor. I suggest drying them out and grinding them up, smoothing that grind out with a sieve and making some snuff. Moist snuff, dry snuff, and snus can all be made with this stuff. If you have ever thought about making these but did not want to waste any valuable leaf you really should give it a whirl. After all, that stem got the same VIP treatment as the leaf even in the intimate kiln. Otherwise it may be that the same tax free laws apply and you could sell it. Just thinking out loud here but my last batch of snuff was of toasted Burley stem and it is awesome stuff.

mustangII

Juxtaposer is one of the home ground snuff kings over at snuffhouse.org
has a lot of good info rattling around in his noggin.

edm

BarG

Founding Member
waste not, want not. I am new here so I don't really know if you guys are just throwing them out but you really don't have to. Your leaf stems have been part of hard work the whole time and are loaded with nicotine and flavor. I suggest drying them out and grinding them up, smoothing that grind out with a sieve and making some snuff. Moist snuff, dry snuff, and snus can all be made with this stuff. If you have ever thought about making these but did not want to waste any valuable leaf you really should give it a whirl. After all, that stem got the same VIP treatment as the leaf even in the intimate kiln. Otherwise it may be that the same tax free laws apply and you could sell it. Just thinking out loud here but my last batch of snuff was of toasted Burley stem and it is awesome stuff.

Post your recipe, I like copenhagen.

mustangII

I used cope for about 20 years, loved it but had to quit, was about to loose my lower front teeth. Mostly use snus now.
edm

pastorj

Nice verse:

That is so true... I catch flack for smoking a pipe occasionally; all the time. For some reason most Christians think that tobacco is inherently evil and using it is of satan.

BarG

Founding Member
Nice verse:

That is so true... I catch flack for smoking a pipe occasionally; all the time. For some reason most Christians think that tobacco is inherently evil and using it is of satan.

I have christian in my blood.[grandmothers maiden name] but I don't think that is the moral dilemna were facing here[despite the war on christians], we are probably the first generation to be prosecuted for smoking as a degeneritive way of living. Look back on all history and you decide.Its uses,economic values, healing attributes ,cultural significance... sorry I can't quote here but some one out there probably can. Don't stand for it is my point.

Juxtaposer

Here is a basic recipe that can be used for making snuff.
tobacco 1/4 cup
water 2 teaspoons
sodium carbonate 1/8 teaspoon
potash 1/8 teaspoon
salt 1/2 teaspoon
Mix soda and ash in water and add to tobacco then let sit to ferment.
Add salt when done fermenting then let rest.
That is it in a nutshell. This recipe is quite flexible and there are a ton of details but I wanted to start simple here.
For something like Copenhagen, I would use a fire cured tobacco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.