Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

chewing tobacco and bad breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgewes

Occasionally I took a couple chews a day of mainly Red Man or some snus. I really enjoyed chewing but the bad breath it left was something that I have a hard time dealing with. I suppose that bad breath is just something that goes along with chewing and there is no way around it. Or did someone come up with a solution of some sort.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Anything with sugar is gonna breed the nasties real quick.

Try nasal snuff, no unintended scents.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Or make sugar free chew. I have dip or chew in my mouth quite often throughout the day and people are always asking me what kind of candy I'm eating because they can smell a sweet smell.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I use Xylitol ( from online sources such as Iherb) but I also use pure Sucralose.
Xylitol is not that sweet but it has an excellent anti-cavity effect on the teeth.

georgewes

Or make sugar free chew. I have dip or chew in my mouth quite often throughout the day and people are always asking me what kind of candy I'm eating because they can smell a sweet smell.

Could you relate how you make sugar free chew. I am new to this.

squeezyjohn

I make a sugar free twist by this method. It's a northern European salted chew but if you don't want it you can leave the salt out!

I take a 4 inch liquorice root and hammer it in to fragments - then place in a saucepan with a little water (about 200ml) and 1 teaspoon of salt. I boil it down until the liquid has reduced by half and then strain and cool the liquid. The liquorice doesn't have a lot of flavour but it adds a natural tooth-friendly sweetness. I then take that cooled liquid - add one teaspoon of propylene glycol (stops it from drying out too much) and a few drops of bergamot essential oil as a nice flavouring ... you could use any flavouring if you like as long as it's food-safe.
I then brush this mixture on the de-stemmed tobacco leaf and when pliable enough I roll it up in to twists and hang the twists to dry.

With all these kinds of recipes - there's a bit of trial and error needed ... you could use a booze of your choice, substitute the liquorice for xylitol, even add brewed coffee as a flavouring. I find that without sugar the propylene glycol is pretty essential as it dries up rock hard otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.