Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New rollers' videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisNTexas

I have posted here elsewhere how amazing Gdaddys 3 videos are to somebody that has never rolled a cigar before. But I want to also recommend the 2-part Timothy Torres video that is out on YouTube. This may well help your cigars once you get into rolling your own. Very nicely done and at a pace you can follow and appreciate. My apologies if everybody knows this already or if this was the wrong place to post this. I'm new but really think these two videos are great and helpful!

Gdaddy

Re: New rollers videos

One of the things that I found most interesting in Tim Torres video was his opinion that the wrapper had very little influence on the flavor. Instead he sees the wrapper as a decoration. He smokes his cigars with binder only.

"The wrapper is like a dress on a lady. It's what's under the dress is what's really important."

Knucklehead

Founding Member

One of the things that I found most interesting in Tim Torres video was his opinion that the wrapper had very little influence on the flavor. Instead he sees the wrapper as a decoration. He smokes his cigars with binder only.

"The wrapper is like a dress on a lady. It's what's under the dress is what's really important."

As a clincher, the wrapper is what I taste most between puffs. I guess most guys put the cigar to their lips, take a draw, and remove the cigar. I need both hands free most of the time (one for beer and one for scratching my arse) so I go about it a little differently. I occasionally remove the cigar from my mouth to knock the ash off.

buck

I'll assume here that one reason the wrapper in his case doesn't influence the flavor much is probably that he uses the same variety of Tobacco.
Most of us here use different binder and wrapper varieties which would stand out more from the filler.

It would be like rolling a pure Criollo98 stick using filler, binder and wrapper of the same.

LewZephyr

As a clincher, the wrapper is what I taste most between puffs. I guess most guys put the cigar to their lips, take a draw, and remove the cigar. I need both hands free most of the time (one for beer and one for scratching my arse) so I go about it a little differently. I occasionally remove the cigar from my mouth to knock the ash off.

I never really could keep the stick in my mouth. Even back when I smoked cigarettes (I had a 2 pack a day habit when I was in the military), I would always just get smoke in my eyes or up my nose. Way too irritating.
I am same with a pipe, not much of a clencher unless there is just a need for hands to be free, or when lighting.
I kind of marvel at those that can keep that sucker there. You see em in old movies, just chatting away around the lit stogie.

Also, even when smoking I don't really wet up the end. I have it in my mouth for a few puffs, rarely does the tongue get involved. I see others where the end of the stick is almost soggy.... and all I can think is *Yuck*.
But to each their own. Its all good.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

I'm always outdoors when smoking a cigar, so clenching is not a "smoke in the eyes" problem. The only exception is when I'm typing on my notebook computer (on the front porch). That requires me to gaze slightly downward, and if there is no breeze, the cigar has to go to the ashtray.

Bob

Smokin Buffalo

Also, even when smoking I don't really wet up the end. I have it in my mouth for a few puffs, rarely does the tongue get involved. I see others where the end of the stick is almost soggy.... and all I can think is *Yuck*.
But to each their own. Its all good.
I like to have the end moist but I do that with wet lips, haven't ever really licked a cigar. Haha

charlie G.

I am in the habit of clinching both my pipes and cigars in my mouth and teeth. Some times to much and I end up with a soggy end. I guess I picked that up for smoking while working with my hands, and no third hand to hold the cigar or pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.