Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I've made another capping video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikikigun

A super longform video of how I make triple caps, with a couple small modifications to my previous technique and more in-depth chat about the geometry I'm shooting for.

https://youtu.be/OT_o2pRE5E0

Gdaddy

Interesting video. I never thought about actually measuring for the flag. I've always just 'winged it'.

BTW...your video making skills are excellent as well.

charlie G.

Great job on the video, very understandable and easy to follow.
The cigars I roll I don't worry to much about caps. I also mostly roll torpedos but this is a great detailed technique.
Well done and thanks for posting.

waikikigun

Yeah the measuring is not super significant, it's just a sort of a consciousness raising exercise, pre-visualizing exactly how that thing is going to wrap around that cylinder if I cut that thing to a certain place and then curve it...

Thanks, I kinda winged it with the GoPro this time but decided not to chuck the shaky footage....

TravisNTexas

Thanks for that video! Very well done and very easy to follow. It helps a lot (especially for a newb like me), to understand the whys of how things are done and I think you conveyed that admirably!

waikikigun

Thanks, Travis. Glad you enjoyed it.

One thing I should have mentioned in the video is that depending on what's happening with the wrapper leaf I sometimes don't cut off the first 1/4" "nipple" from the initial wrap; I just wrap the second nipple from the first cap around the first nipple and then cut-and-push that combined nipple. I do that with very thin leaf. I can't remember which way you did it in your wrapping vid.

Gdaddy

I like to "twerp the nipple" into a pigtail. Using three fingers and a rotating motion (my own standard twerping method). I get a little glue on the fingers to get a 'slippery nipple' that makes for easier twerping. As it begins to tighten I use the finger nail press like you show in the video. Otherwise the cap will just get pulled off the cigar and you have to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.