Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Smoking in the Leafs Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanko

I've read on this forum that curing tobacco and dried tobacco absorbs odors in it's environment.

My question: is smoking in the same area that I have leaves hanging ok? Will the smoke damage them or somehow ruin their flavour when I eventually smoke them?

I hang all my tobacco from the rafters in my garage which is unheated but well ventilated, I don't park my vehicles inside it, I use it more as a man-cave :), so it's otherwise clean and free from any other odors.

Thanks for the input!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't mind your tobacco smelling like tobacco, then smoke away. Seriously, I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've entered my curing shed without a cigar in the past few years. Back in the good old days (like ~5 years ago) nearly every torcedor on a cigar factory floor was puffing a scrap cigar while rolling the good ones.

Having good ventilation in a smoking area is much healthier for you. (Once those carbon black nanoparticles get way down into your lungs, they never leave.)

Bob

Smokin Harley

Watch every good video of factory rollers and the guys who tend the barns...somebody (or most everybody) is puffing away on a stogie.
I smoke in my barn...as well as in the tobacco "field" ,it gives the leaf hope that one day they too will become cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.