Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cubs - Will This Be the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a sign of the end of time. Chicago Cubs play Pittsburgh tonight in the wild-card game. Will they finally win a World Series?

Garden20151007_2137_cubBob.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I knew it! I knew it!

The eBible Fellowship said:
“According to what the Bible is presenting it does appear that Oct. 7 will be the day that God has spoken of: in which, the world will pass away,” Chris McCann, the leader and founder of the fellowship, told the Guardian.

The group didn't mention anything about their prediction having to do with the Cubs possibly making the playoffs tonight.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_739ed95e-eb9b-526c-945a-dc7a63f2e002.html
Not sure if he's working with the Julian or Gregorian calendar.

Bob

NOTE: Game is on TBS tonight, at 8:00pm (?CST).

Smokin Harley

Our Cubbies have the terrible curse of the billy goat hanging over their heads.
According to the marquee in Back to the Future II this is the year they take the series. According to whatever else you want to believe as well.
Game start time in military time is 19:08 which is the last year they won it.
Cubs used to stand for (C)ompletely (U)seless (B)y (S)eptember. They made it this far...I hope they make it. End the curse and bring a nice win to a very very long dry spell.

Ben Brand

Bob I don`d know much about the world series etc. We in SA do rugby union. The Springboks beat the USA 64-0 last night. I don`t know if you follow the rugby world cup but that was a propper hiding!! :cool: Sorry about that , hope your team will make the world series

Chris A

I made it to 3 games at Wrigley this year. A buzz in the crowd for sure. Daughter has her ticket for Monday's game. Regardless, this team will be good for many years to come. Lots of good, young position players and we will have money to spend on pitching.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"...no time outs..."

"Fifteen players on each team with 7 substitutions. Once a player is substituted, they may not return to the game unless the substitution was to stop bleeding...
All 15 players may run, kick or pass the ball (forward passing is not permitted)."

"Play is continuous and free-flowing. There are no “downs”, no designated offensive and defensive teams, no blocking and no automatic “turn-overs” of possession."

"When a player is tackled to the ground, the ball must be released and the player must move a way from it; play continues without stoppage. A “ruck” or informal scrum forms over a tackled player without stoppage of play."

Sounds like full-contact mayhem.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"Even after NLCS sweep, Cubs fans have solid reasons to hope for future"
Sports Illustrated headline 22 Oct 2015

Yep. That's what we've always had...and all we'll ever have. My Cubs hat (purchased at Wrigley Field 25 years ago) will go back into long-term storage. Maybe my grandson will find some use for it--like passing it on to his grandson.

I just finished laundering my knit wool Chicago Bears sock hat of roughly the same vintage. It's pretty moth eaten. Seems about right.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.