Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

is it the site or my laptop doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

This morning as usual I get on here and this site seems to want to load the page twice...not getting two tabs ,but the page I go TO seems to want to load once then a slight pause and the screen goes white then instantly loads again. Anyone else experiencing this? I shut it off then restarted it and its still doing it. Never had this happen.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed, as of today, that clicking the little icon beside a thread in the list of active threads (It's supposed to go to the last unread post.) now takes me, invariably, to the bottom of the page, where the Reply window appears. Extremely annoying.

I suspect that the IT Guru is improving something.

Bob

93rdCanadian

A trouble ticket has been submitted.

Hey while your looking there is an issue with the facebook like button causing really bad user experience on threads for mobile users. Using Samsung galaxy S4 page jumps up and down at least 3 times before finally stopping. I'm a full time web developer and my best guess is the Facebook like button.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Is anyone still having issues with the site? If so, please list the device your using and which browser you're using. Try a hard refresh and clear your history. If that doesn't work, post the issue here.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
There is one genuine problem that continues. Any text that contains the degree symbol (and that would be many discussions of weather, curing, kilning, flue-curing, etc.) still causes the forum editor to fail. I suspect that the text code page for FTT may have been changed to something other than what it has been.

In addition, any special symbols (common in alphabets other than English) already embedded in existing text now display hieroglyphics--bizarre characters. This shows up in existing posts, as well as in user names that include special characters.

Maybe the change was made to make Facebook happy? Can it be unchanged back to what it was?

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Demonstration:
This is an image (jpg) of a list of special characters and their ALT keycodes:

SpecialChars_2column.JPG

Below is the same list copied from notepad (with only spaces, and no TAB characters)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The text version of that table, although it seems to appear correctly in the initial "preview" window, is completely truncated in the final post, starting with the very first special character.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I wonder if the same patch was responsible for the mobile version having JavaScript errors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.