Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Flue Cured Red Leaf on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Unlike last year, this year turned out to be a very good year for making Red Leaf. All of this leaf has been hand harvested and will be easy to process.

We'll start shipping on Thursday.

PeacePipe

Yessssssssss ,I have been waiting on this since I heard it was going to be available..

jojjas

Yippikaye , i am on the last lbs now , waiting is over , and the 5000 lbs WLT had in stock should last a while
Now i am only waiting for some of the cigar varietys to show up , and i will place an order

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I just took delivery of a box of 10 individually packaged bags of this leaf. The care and pride going into this product is self evident. Each bag is full of perfectly cased, perfectly stacked leaf.
IMG_20151203_132458.jpg

CobGuy

Just ordered 3 pounds of the Red Va for making twists ... sounds like it is delicious stuff!

I'm going to try an Agave Nectar casing this time with a touch of spices such as cinnamon and anise.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I've twisted it, a tiny amount just to see. Anyway the moisture in the bag was sufficient to do the job, I twisted it up and wrapped in seran wrap for a couple weeks, smelled it the other day and thought to myself holy crap does this smell good. Dunno flavor, it's destined for a pipe.

CobGuy

Nice ... let me know how it smokes!

I'll twist quite a bit of it with no casing but have been wanting to play around a little with some light flavor additions as well.

The regular flue cured and lemon that I received last time were very good in a pipe.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Play with the casing, but keep in mind this comes perfect in the bag, all I do before smoking it as roll a tight cylinder with this and perique and wrap it in several really tight layers of plastic wrap, it's ready to use in a few weeks, cut some coins off and stuff a bowl.

I think casing was invented for when you don't have this leaf.

CobGuy

I think casing was invented for when you don't have this leaf.

Now there's a testimonial!
:)

... and wrap it in several really tight layers of plastic wrap

What does this do versus putting them into a jar? Just less oxygen to use up? Thanks!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
A jar would be better for bulking a set recipe but I'm always experimenting with small batch blends so just find the plastic wrap more convenient for a bunch of different "cigars. " plus I don't have that many jars or tins.

CobGuy

Received and smoked some of the Red Virginia ... very nice!

I'll be using the pressure cooker method in jars, described on this forum, and making twists.

ArizonaDave

Just ordered 3 pounds of the Red Va for making twists ... sounds like it is delicious stuff!

I'm going to try an Agave Nectar casing this time with a touch of spices such as cinnamon and anise.

From my personal experience, but not on this leaf, Agave, Cinnamon work well. Anise should work as long as it's not anise star.

CobGuy

Thanks! Any tips on using these?

I was going to cook the Agave Syrup for awhile to break down the sugars and then add a "spice bag" to steep.

ChinaVoodoo

Thanks! Any tips on using these?

I was going to cook the Agave Syrup for awhile to break down the sugars and then add a "spice bag" to steep.

Agave syrup is mostly fructose, glucose and water. You can't "break it down" short of dehydrating it or fermenting it.

CobGuy

Are you saying fennel is better than star anise?

Fennel is a different Genus and Species but same Family as Anise.

Also, Anise and Star Anise are different plants from different parts of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.