Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Easy Animated GIF Creation on GIPHY.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
deluxestogif20151021.gif

By entering the URL of a youtube video on the GIPHY website, you can easily create an animated (though fairly large) gif.

http://giphy.com/create/gifmaker

Bob

Bex

I don't get it. Wasn't your original video showing these plants being pushed around by the wind? So what is the GIPHY site doing - just repeating your already "animated" video again and again? Or are you saying that you were telling little fibbers about the wind; that the plants were really just basking in the balmy summer with no movement, and you animated all under this pretense of some kind of wind storm.....:)
(Your house looks somewhat animated in the video.....earthquake??) :p

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A video requires a video hosting site that can stream the video to your browser. A gif is an image format that (unlike a jpg, for example) allows a sequence of animated frames. An animated gif can be posted just like any other static image, but it displays a sequence of frames. In this case--the blowing tobacco--the two second clip is composed of 32 frames--all embedded into the single gif file.

deluxestogif20151021.jpg

The above image is the same gif as an attached file, which somehow suppresses the animation. The animated one is a linked file from another (my own) hosted website server.

You are probably familiar with tiny, animated "smilies" that are nearly always animated gifs.

Bob

Bex

OK, I understand what a GIF file is - I've made up some 'cartoons' using this by combining single images - but presumably your original clip from your video camera or phone was not in GIF. So are you saying that you converted this in order to be able to stream it? Could you not have done the same with a mp4 file or similar?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My camera, when used to create video, makes a gigantic .mov file. My editing software turns it into a somewhat smaller .mp4 file. Both of these are video formats that can only be seen over the Internet using a streaming server.

For this thread, I went to giphy.com, entered the URL for my existing YouTube video of the blowing tobacco--an .mp4 file. Giphy.com converted the .mp4 video file into a .gif file. I edited that down to 2 seconds. The .gif file is what appears in this thread.

Bob

TravisNTexas

I would too. Do the sites cited allow multiple individual jpgs or gifs to be stitched into a gif sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.