Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Drying & Curing in the Man Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanko

Here is a picture of my garage, a.k.a. the mancave, where I air cure all my tobacco.
I've ran wire along the rafter joists, and each prime leaf is hung using Christmas ornament hooks.
Next year I'll be adding more lines, but I estimate I can hang about 4000 leaves at any one time.

My smoking area is right under the canopy, and I usually just reach up and grab a leaf, shred it on the spot and enjoy it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150815_134921.jpg
    IMG_20150815_134921.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 30

Smokin Harley

I have a question for you ...with hanging each leaf on a single Christmas hook ...if by chance you get a breeze blow through your garage and they happen to get blown down , how are you planning on putting it back in the right group?

romanko

That happens occasionally, I have one miscellaneous row which is mostly late harvest ligero, so any stray leaves go there. But the Christmas hooks work really well. I try to pierce the stem in the middle, and hang each alternate leaf back to back so when they dry and curl they won't bunch up together.

Last boxing day I picked up on sale about 2 cases of hooks, at 50cents per pack of 150, so that'll last me at least a decade!

ChinaVoodoo

That happens occasionally, I have one miscellaneous row which is mostly late harvest ligero, so any stray leaves go there. But the Christmas hooks work really well. I try to pierce the stem in the middle, and hang each alternate leaf back to back so when they dry and curl they won't bunch up together.

Last boxing day I picked up on sale about 2 cases of hooks, at 50cents per pack of 150, so that'll last me at least a decade!

Man, there's something satisfying about sitting in the midst of a harvest.

I do something similar with paperclips looped through staples imbedded in rods. You can get a lot of leaves in a small space because you have guaranteed gaps between the stems. There's a row on either side of the dowel. Some dowels are 72 leaves per 4' and some are 110.
IMG_20151028_000812.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.