Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Planting tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
That guy is a master with that thing, did you see him show off at the end? What's that planter called anyway?

chuditch

That is what was used here on the farm for putting in the tree plantation. My son planted 35,000 trees with it not as close together as he is doing. The plantation guys called it a bazooka, from the shape I guess. For the trees it was every three paces a tree went in. They made raised mounds with a tractor with a special plough that took surface dirt from both sides to raise the mound then he walked along each mound. Was great in the distance I could hear the rhythmical thunk space thunk as he was putting in the seedlings. Was good for him took him three months to do them and then the fertilizer tablet per seedling took him out of his peer group and their drug habits changed him right around. He is in the army now been back three and a bit weeks from his last deployment and flies out again this coming Saturday night for another 3 months. Those trees were his saving. Now I am proud of him, wasn't so proud of him back then 16 years ago.

Ben Brand

That is what was used here on the farm for putting in the tree plantation. My son planted 35,000 trees with it not as close together as he is doing. The plantation guys called it a bazooka, from the shape I guess. For the trees it was every three paces a tree went in. They made raised mounds with a tractor with a special plough that took surface dirt from both sides to raise the mound then he walked along each mound. Was great in the distance I could hear the rhythmical thunk space thunk as he was putting in the seedlings. Was good for him took him three months to do them and then the fertilizer tablet per seedling took him out of his peer group and their drug habits changed him right around. He is in the army now been back three and a bit weeks from his last deployment and flies out again this coming Saturday night for another 3 months. Those trees were his saving. Now I am proud of him, wasn't so proud of him back then 16 years ago.
Thats a good ending to a story- chuditch. Glad to hear your son is doing okay. My son on some ship, know the name, don't think I`m allowed to say. somewhere with the British Royal Marines, last time I heard he was in a past communists country, doing some training, then off to pirate country in Africa

chuditch

Thats a good ending to a story- chuditch. Glad to hear your son is doing okay. My son on some ship, know the name, don't think I`m allowed to say. somewhere with the British Royal Marines, last time I heard he was in a past communists country, doing some training, then off to pirate country in Africa
The Royal Marines, now there is a fighting force :)

Status
Not open for further replies.