Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Opening a Store need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMHenry

Hey guys,

I am opening a shop in the recently redeveloped Warehouse district in Toledo, Ohio. My goal is to roll my own brand of cigars at the shop but I have a novice understanding of rolling and blending cigars. I would like any constructive advice people would like to offer. Also I would like advice of which cigars I should stock in my humidor. I'm looking to spend 50,000 on total inventory.

Smokin Harley

you're buying ready rolled sticks for inventory and you want to know what to get...Perdomo ,RyJ, Nub, and anything A.J. Fernandez makes.
If you plan to sell your own blended and rolled I suggest you do as much research and practice as you can before selling those...or hire an experienced roller to be there . I've been rolling a year and even though the samples I've given out to friends an co-workers bring nothing but compliments and "I want more" I still have the occasional hangup ,especially forming the heads and caps.
Just for curiosity...how much does Ohio want for a tobacco vendors license ?

buck

I would contact a retailer, one that has been around a long time Marcl's link would be a good one and ask them what their best sellers are and a list of their inventory. You would need to hire a roller or factory to make them for you and find a blender to work with.

You are entering a very tough market and with the various pending FDA rules on new blends requiring entering FDA approval it will be very expensive.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarahj...ons-threaten-cigar-industry-shutdown-n1945582

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Best of luck to you, hope your passion for it can overcome all the obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.