Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Black powder, fireworks, guns and cannons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Whats not to like about any of the things in the title :D

It's been a long time since I've done any type of dabbling into anything related to this, particularly in making black powder. I guess growing and proccessing my baccy and all the beekeeping stuff gives me little time to indulge in this fond pass time.

I've dug out my ball mill and have it rolling with 50g of kno3 switching out every hour. It's slow until I can get a bigger ball mill. Tomorrow i'll start on the charcoal. I got my sulfur from the garden shop.

I use BP to make chinese fuse, rockets, mortar lift, and burst shells. Once I get my BP rifle, I'll use it in that too. I recently found out that it's legal to fire canons (no projectile, blanks) here in canada so I sourced out some steel and going to make one at some point. the amount of powder I could go through with all this would cost a lot to purchase here in canada but by making my own, I can make 50+lbs for the cost of a 1lb can of powder out of the gun shop.

The recipe I use is ......

I thought I might as well post this since I'm getting back into it, maybe there's others on here that dabble in making there own powder and fireworks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
It's a shame you can't use projectile. Google bowling ball mortar, bowling ball cannon, beer can mortar. Perfectly legal here. Awesome stuff.

rustycase

What's not to like?

I'll tell yah !

Too much smoke, sputtering, and stink.
And, it catches my beard on fire!

I did them non-guns a long time ago... still recall splashing handfuls of beer on my face!
Model rockets, too.. same thing.

Obviously I'm not very smart.
rc

Most recently I decided to take up archery, but the new fangled compound bows are far too expensive for the likes of me, so I'm looking for an old recurve bow in good shape. This oughta be fun, to have sticks flying around the yard! lol

Knucklehead

Founding Member
rc

Most recently I decided to take up archery, but the new fangled compound bows are far too expensive for the likes of me, so I'm looking for an old recurve bow in good shape. This oughta be fun, to have sticks flying around the yard! lol

Adult air rifles are fun and quiet. I bought a .22 cal. a couple of months ago and have been loving it. I can target practice at night with the flood lights on and not disturb the neighbors.

Some recurve bows: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=recurve+bow
Long bow and long bow kit: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=long+bow

DGBAMA

I dabble with making bp as well. A "salute cannon" with a 1.75" bore just so happens to accept a golf ball nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.